𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

REAL LIFE.

As we got into the room, no one noticed us. so Austin drew everyone's attention "guys please meet Riley and Emily" they stopped whatever they were doing and moved over towards us. we quickly introduced ourselves and then Rudy offered us some alcohol which i gladly accepted.

the atmosphere in the room was really chatty and easy-going. they all seemed really nice and funny and it wasn't hard for me and Emily to fit in there. Emily quickly got very friendly with Austin's friend, Drake. and i spent most of the night with Austin and Maddie, but i got to know pretty much everyone. Madelyn was really funny and kind, i felt very comfortable with her. but they were all super funny, i basically spent the whole night laughing and my buzz helped a lot with it.

Drew basically ignored me most of the time. he simply stood there with a smug look on his face, sometimes making bitchy and inappropriate comments, thing that i hated because it reminded me of the period before we dated.

i didn't know what he had said to his friends about me, but to be honest i don't think he did say much, they all seemed pretty confused every time he got a little edgy with me or with Austin.

Drew has been glued to Elaine almost the entire time i was there, trying his best to make her laugh out loud to catch everyone's attention on them and she seemed to enjoy Drew'a attentions. and i felt jealousy bubbling under my skin every time my eyes set on them, hence i tried to stay away from them as much as i could.

but honestly i couldn't tell if there was really something going on between them or he was only trying to hurt me because i was there with Austin. but, as far as i know, he told Austin and me that he was okay with this —whatever it was— then what was he complaining about?

"hey, i made a gin negroni for you" Austin sat next to me, handing me the drink. me, Rudy, Elaine, Drew, Madelyn, Jonathan and now him were seated in a circle on the floor, as the others went outside to smoke a cigarette. Rudy was reminiscing on some funny memories from filming obx. "thank you" i grinned as both me and Austin set our eyes on Rudy.

"that drink it's too stiff for her" Drew said cockily, pointing at the negroni in my hand, causing Rudy to shut up abruptly. suddenly everyone in the room was awfully quiet.

"no man it isn't" Austin laughed, trying not to give in to his provocations. "she likes soft and sweet drinks" Drew insisted as everyone's eyes were drifting between him and Austin and the atmosphere become tense. i glared at Drew, mentally praying that he'd get the message and stopped talking.

"no, she doesn't. yesterday she ordered a negroni" Austin said toneless, visibly annoyed by his friend's demeanor.

i decided to speak before this thing, whatever it was, got out of control. "this drink is perfect"
i reassured Austin, placing my hand on his thigh and gently rubbing it with my thumb. my gesture didn't go unnoticed by Drew, who glared at us turning to Elaine.

"Rudy what you were sayin'?" Madelyn tried to switch the topic and lighten the mood. Rudy immediately understood and started talking again.

Austin wrapped a hand around my shoulder and pulled me closer. i could feel Drew's eyes burning into my skin. i looked up to meet his eyes and he was pissed off, i could see it. but i didn't know what to do. he was the one telling me to date Austin, what did he expected me to do? last thing i wanted was coming between him and his friends or hurt him.

i thought that things couldn't get any worse, but once again i was wrong. as soon as the others got inside the room, Emily proposed to play truth or dare.

if looks could kill, she'd be dead by then. note to myself: pick better friends. obviously, everyone cheered at her idea. definitely not me. definitely not Drew. i quickly finished my drink and i started praying that i'd make it out alive.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

"truth or dare" Rudy asked Jonathan. "dare" Jonathan smirked. "i dare you to drink a shot of straight vodka. he did it as everyone cheered on him, then it was his turn to spin the bottle up.

"Chase" he chuckled "truth". Jonathan reflected a few seconds before asking him "have you ever thought about Madelyn in that way?" Chase's face fell. "Jd!" Elaine scolded him, hitting his arm playfully. "what? that's how this game works" Jonathan held his hands up in defense. Chase answered "yes" to the question, Mads cheeks burning.

"my turn" Chase changed subject, spinning the bottle. "Austin!" Chase said with a wicked smile "oh no" Austin laughed. "truth or dare?" "dare" he said without hesitation. "i dare you to kiss Riley. a real kiss, with tongue" he stressed the last part. i looked down embarrassed. Austin gently placed a hand on my cheek before pulling me into a passionate kiss. as we pulled away i blushed, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

Austin quickly spun the bottle, pointing Elaine "truth" she stated. "have you ever cheat on your actual boyfriend?" he asked. so she had a boyfriend. my eyes immediately drifted to Drew and i surprisingly noticed that he was already looking at me. "no" Elaine said bluntly.

the game went on for hours, getting more and more embarrassing at each turn. my breath hitched as Jake asked Drew how'd we knew each other. his eyes met mine for a thousandth of a second, before he spoke "she's Cody's sister, i've basically known her forever" he explained, toneless. i was both relieved and sorrowful that he didn't mention our relationship.

"she's Cody sister?" Rudy asked, surprised. my eyes widened "how do know my brother?" i questioned, trying to hide the fact that i felt out.

"he came to visit us on set twice" Madelyn explained and my heart clenched. "oh, i didn't know that" i said toneless but you could still hear a hint of disappointment in my voice. my eyes where set on Drew as i spoke but his eyes didn't leave the floor.

after that, no one asked Drew something about me and vice versa. when we finished playing, it was like 2pm and i was buzzed and sleepy. Emily asked me if it was okay for me if she spent the night with Drake and i obviously said yes. "if you want you can stay here, i mean with me. just sleep" Austin asked with a big smile and i decided to stay as i was very tired and getting back to the hotel on my own wasn't exactly a tempting option "yes please" i laughed, wrapping my arm around his "let's go then" he grinned. we quickly said goodnight to everyone and we headed to his room.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

a.n.
heyyy, i'm back
how y'all doin? 🤠