𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ~

|★|

|★|

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐎 could remember, she loved to run. Whether that be playing chase with her mother or avoiding her lessons arranged by the very same woman. The twelve year old was a rambunctious child, there was no doubt about it, her curly brown hair was always slightly frizzy, liking it to be messy giving her a sense of freedom from her constant lectures. No amount of lessons or manners Beatrice could give her could calm her wild spirit. By the time the autumn of 2009 came, the leaves had started to die and fall of the trees, creating a 'pile which should be jumped in' according to Evangeline herself.

It was a chilling afternoon, most having to cover up in jackets to stop the cold nipping at their bodies, but Evangeline stood aloof, wearing only a pair of shorts a t-shirt, which she had slept in much to her mother's dismay, attending one of her private lessons of french. To say the least she was bored, if it wasn't already obvious by the tapping of her feet on the wooden floor or the click of her pen in her hands. Her teacher stood straight, pointing at different words on the board for Evangeline to repeat, which she did, in a monotone voice. As much as she wanted to pay attention, her mind wondered being a curious child already, she had been drawn to the window beside her, seeing the outdoors only increased her boredom, she quickly glanced at the door of the room out of the corner of her eye.

"Mademoiselle Vallier, vous faites attention, votre mère a clairement indiqué que vous devez apprendre avec diligence sans distraction!"

The sudden sharp voice of her teacher startled Evangeline, her chair tipping ever so slightly with her pen dropping onto the ground, rolling onto the other side of the room, very close to the door. A smirk appeared on the girls lips as she realised she could escape her torturous lesson, not without punishment of course but for a moment no less.

"Je suis désolé Madame, je ferai attention, je le promets. Tes leçons sont tellement intéressan-"

Evangeline replied with a sickly sweet tone, smiling innocently up at her teacher, her hands resting on her face with wisps of her brown hair falling down her face slightly. Before she could finish her sentence she knelt down pretending to get her pen from the floor before running out of the door, much to her teachers reply. Ignoring the shrieks of her teacher, Evangeline giggled running outside into the chilling outdoors, feeling the wind blow against her, moving her hair wildly just how she liked it. Her bare feet getting slightly muddy due to the dew left from the morning, a smell of the outdoors entered her nose, her favourite sent. The noise of the birds chirping and flying above her echoed in the fields behind their large home, a sweet melody Evangeline wished to have play all day if she could.

After running for a few more minutes, knowing she was far away enough from the house Evangeline plopped herself down on the ground, laying down in a pile of autumn leaves spreading her arms out making a leaf angel, giggling as she did. Looking at the sky again, gazing at the clouds above her Eva let out a sigh, she knew she was definitely going to get in trouble for storming out of her lessons once again, but she couldn't help they were so boring. Growing up in a quite wealthy British household was challenging, when her grandmother, Amelia was alive she set herself on making Evangeline a well mannered lady, it didn't work out in the slightest. Only really having womanly figures to grow up around, her mother made sure to take on a fatherly role too, Evangeline knew she tried her best but she couldn't help some days to wonder who her father was or what he was like. She pondered on whether he would let her skip her lessons, or play tag with her like her mother did before she stopped, or would he even let her eat ice-cream before her dinner? Though most were silly questions, most didn't leave the young girls head.