CHAPTER 23 - A Picture

Vangeance felt something heavy on him as his vision had focused . He felt his arms around you and immediately placed you somewhere else . He looked at his surround and saw the small town .

That's right , they were on a mission .

He remembered (Y/n) falling off the roof , his heart beat fastened . He immediately checked your vitals and he sighed in relief .

Thankfully , you're alive .

He saw the woman who had put them on a fairytale . She looked as if she was out of mana and tired . Vangeance immediately casted a spell to refrain her for causing too much trouble .

"Your lover had a great control over her mind" She spoke .

"She refused to live in a fairytale even after she got a happily ever after . Too bad , both of you will forget it sooner or later" She chuckled .

"I realized that I have no need for such fairytales after I almost lost her" Vangeance replied .

"But I'm afraid that you need to free the other citizens aswell" He smiled .

"I have no choice do I? All I ever wanted was people to be happy" She said trying to act pitiful .

"I'm sorry but trapping them inside a fairytale won't make them happy" She laughed hysterically at his words .

"You were happy with her in the fairytale rather than the real world" she said , unconsciously , Vangeance had tightened the restraints on her .

"And I was a fool to believe it" William bitterly said . He isn't even certain if the things you said were true . Deep inside he wanted to be loved but he  knew that he wasn't ready at all .

What if she was just infatuated?

What if it was all an act to make him snap out of the fairytale trance?

What if she was just using his power and popularity for her sake?

William was truly a broken man since childhood , he was afraid of loving . He snapped back into reality when the people had been dropped out of a portal .

"Duty comes first , William" he said to himself and rounded them up for the town's folk to check .

•••

William was travelling back while carrying your sleeping figure . You still haven't woken up since the moment you stepped out of foot from the fairytale .

He decided to take a small break on the flower fields . He had lay you down on the tree and shook your figure , attempting to wake you up .

"(Y/n) , wake up ..." He shook harder . You didn't respond and he grew more anxious .

'Is she trap on an eternal rest because she fell on a fairytale?' He hypothesize . He shook you again and called out for your name over and over again .

"This clearly isn't working" he said .

'If she was stuck in a fairytale and still have a certain magic on her that means only a fairytale like gesture would break the spell' He thought long and hard .

"It's worth to try" he said , sorry for taking so many of your kisses even though you weren't his and he wasn't yours .

He crawled beside you and held your chin , getting the right angle . Not a moment more as his lips touched yours . He pulled back and waited for you to wake up .