11. Questions

~Nyra~

As I lay down waiting for dinner to get ready (Drew and his evil half were making dinner tonight as our parents hadn't come home from their anniversary trip) my thoughts trailed back to Glenda.
I should have kept my mouth shut and simply do as she had wished, then she wouldn't have gotten mad and stomped away.
I only wanted to help her, I still did.

With that thought in mind, I got off the bed and went to knock on Lucca's and Tyrese's door. Tyrese opened it almost immediately but stood at the door blocking my view of the room.
"Is L..Lucca in there?" I asked after unsuccessfully trying to peek in.

He pushed his glasses up his nose and nodded.

"Th..then move over I want to t..talk to him." I said this and shoved him aside.

I walked over to Lucca who was on his bed with some large headphones on his head, his fingers busy scrolling through the playlist on his phone.

"We need to t..talk." I simply said.

He mave no move to show he'd heard me so I tapped on his shoulder. He glanced at me boredly then went back to his phone. I had planned to come and have a decent conversation with him so that we could both come to a rational decision about his harassing Glenda  but his dismissal upon seeing me made something in me burn. I yanked the headphones from his head and glared at him. The act earned me the foreseen effect as Lucca threw his phone hard on his bed and turned to me anger in his eyes.

"The fuck is your problem Ginger?" he seethed.

"M..me? What the fuck is your problem?" I shot back. "W..why, why do you and your g..gang always  bully Glenda? What did she do to you?"

He rolled his eyes and laughed as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Then he stood up to face me, or rather glare down at me as he was inches taller.
"I don't fuckin believe this. I don't.. What the fuck do you care? What is your obsession with that slut?"

"D..Don't call her that!" I didn't hesitate to defend her.

"I know you don't have any friends Gingy and you're probably going to die alone but even you can't be that desperate." He attempted to pat my shoulder soothingly but I slapped his hand away.

"I have friends." I said in a lame attempt to keep my dignity intact.

"Really now, name one." He had on a smug smile, one that showed he knew he was right and clearly winning this argument.

"Juanita P..Picado."

"The cheerleader?" He rolled his eyes again. "Oh come on Gingy, you know she was using you to get close to Dane, right? And now that she has him, she's going to drop you sooner than you can say your own name!"

"Why d..does everyone think I'm so p..pathetic?" I asked then I remembered this whole talk was not about me to begin with and I held up a hand before Lucca could reply. "N..Never mind that, you stay away from Glenda. I warn you Lucca, you and y..your goons do anything to hurt her again and I s..swear I'm telling on you to m..mom and dad and I HAVE EVIDENCE!"

I turned to walk out of their room but Lucca was upon me like a deranged animal, blocking my way to the door. Tyrese now looked up from the book he had resumed reading to stare at us.

"You wanna turn snitch on me because of some random whore? Do you even know-"

I shove him before he could finish his statement. He fell back against his dresser.

"I said don't call her that, Lucca!" I shouted. The rate at which he was getting me angry was alarming.

He slowly straightened up and walked to me. "What is this I detect? Oh my God you have the hots for this bitch!"
He brought his face close to mine and looked me in the eye daring me to deny it.