Ch-8

Everybody's head turned at Taeyong's statement. Jaehyun gaped at his mate and then looked at the connected dots.
It made sense. And it was very worrying. Cause yes, they knew they were next but they had no clue when or how it might happen.

Jaehyun immediately ordered his pack guards to be on a lookout.

Getting ready to go out and check his village, he stopped abruptly as the doors busted open, a panting omega ran inside and said the dreaded words

"Alpha! My-my child! My baby is gone!"

Jaehyun and Taeyong gaped in worry as another omega followed the previous one inside,

"My baby too!! Please do something."

Jaehyun, as the head alpha of his pack, could not panic. He had to be extremely sensible about this.

"Yes, I see. Please calm down. I'll do my best to find your pups. Please tell me when you last saw them."

"They were playing outside, and I went inside to cook. When-- when I came back, my baby was gone!"

Taeyong worriedly gazed over the omegas standing at the door.

"How long ago was that?"

"One hour ago, Alpha."

Taeyong racked his brain. One hour ago they were enjoying breakfast and bickering loudly.
One hour ago he had heard wolves running.

Taeyong's breath hitched as his thoughts made sense.

Tapping Jaehyun's shoulder rapidly

"I had heard them. I had heard some wolves running! I'm-i'm sorry I didn't tell you! I-I didn't know they were the bad wolves! Nobody! None of you had heard anything and i-i didn't know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Jaehyun cupped his mate's cheeks,
"It's fine, breathe. Breathe baby, we'll find them."

After making sure that his mate was not hyperventilating anymore, he turned back to the omegas again,

"We'll immediately be on the lookout for your pups. We'll do our best."

Nodding firmly at the omegas, he took his mate's hand and both of them raced back to the office.

"Renjun, Chenle, immediately look up the CCTV footage from an hour ago. Every. Single. One."

Taeyong bit his lips in worry. He could've alerted them but he didn't. He just brushed it off and it bothered him way too much.
Maybe it was because he was an omega but even so, he was so restless and he had this absolute urge to just go wild and search for them.
But he can't do anything until Jaehyun says so.
Impulse is never good in a state if panic.

They saw the footages loading of all the cameras and the omega gripped his mate's bicep in worry.

The children were there an hour ago and they were all so happy.

It pained him to know that one moment, they were enjoying themselves and the next moment these big, ruthless, dumb wolves attacked them.

What infuriated the lovers more was the way that rogue stared right at the camera and grinned.

Was he asking for a death wish?
Taeyong released a shaky breath as he felt a shift in Jaehyun's posture and the way his pheromones made the whole room tense.

The workers were carefully working now, although Jaehyun hadn't said anything particularly threatening, they were still standing on thin ice.

A pat on his cheek shook Jaehyun out of his state,