𝚜𝚒𝚡

IG STORY

seen by madelyncline, drewstarkey and 100k others

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

REAL LIFE.

"ready to go?" Emily questioned and i nodded. we were in the hall, ready to say goodbye our new friends to come back to our hotel and then leave Vegas.

"i don't want you to go" Madelyn cried, pulling me into a hug "please come back to Charleston with us" she whined.

"i wish i could" i chuckled, breaking the embrace. "well, you can always come visit us for a couple of weeks, we still have two or three months of filming yet. and i have a spare room in my apartment" she pouted.

"huh, that's a great idea" Austin giggled, next to me. "i don't know, i don't want to make pointless drama" i glanced at Drew, who was leaning on a wall a few meters from us, talking to Jonathan.

"Drew is a grown ass man, he'll be okay" Madelyn muttered. "i just—" i tried to argue but Mads cut me off "just think about it and let me know, okay? you have my number after all, use it!" she hugged me again.

"buying you a drink was the best choice i could make that night" Austin laughed, pulling me into a hug "i'll miss you, please come visit us on set" he whispered in my ear. "i'll think about it" i said truthfully, holding him tight. i said goodbye to the others and then me and Emily left the hotel.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

drew's pov
"what was that about?" Madelyn flung the door of my trailer. i was seated on the sofa, running lines before filming my scene few hours later.

we got back from Vegas the night before and today we were already back on set. i looked up to face her, she looked pissed "what do you mean?" i questioned, frowning.

"the whole Riley thing" i scoffed as i rolled my eyes "i thought we were beyond this" i snapped, visibly annoyed.

"then you thought wrong" she muttered, moving closer to sit next to me. "why did you tell Austin that you were over her, when you obviously aren't?" she questioned.

"because i thought i were" i said, my voice was barely above a whisper. her eyes softened for a couple of seconds before speaking again "look, i don't know your history and what happened between you too, but i sincerely recommend you to face your demons and speak openly to her because i really want her to come here for a few weeks and she won't if she thinks that she will hurt you" Madelyn said bluntly, before pushing herself up from the couch "and stop making bitchy comments about her and Austin, it's gross" she snapped starting to walk out of the trailer.

"it was nice to talk to ya!" i said sarcastically and she flipped me off like Sarah did in the show before slamming the door.

as much as i hated to admit that, Mads was right. i couldn't keep acting like a big old baby. clearly seeing Riley again stirred up some old feelings that i had hardly tried to hide during the last years. when she left me, she broke my heart into a billion pieces and she hurt me like no one did before.

but after all i couldn't hate her and that nearly drove me mad. i think that a part of me will love her forever, she was my first true love and one of my best friends after all.

seeing her with Austin made me realize that i was still down for her, although almost three years had passed. and that scared the hell out of me, cause i couldn't go down that road again. i couldn't let her into my life again and risk another goodbye. it would break me again. plus, she clearly was over me now. and Austin was one of my best friends.

i didn't want her in Charleston as seeing her everyday will slowly kill me inside. but i couldn't either tell her not to come here because of me. my only choice was getting over her once and for all, i had to date someone.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾