001

Some key places, in case you forgot!

Yuhnayeh: Michael's home planet, created by the deity Oshahe. It was heavily inspired and designed after Earth's image, but unlike Earth, where there is no existing magic, on Yuhnayeh magic flourishes and a select few can wield that magic themselves (i.e. the Jacksons).

Alafankeh: The largest, and oldest surviving kingdom of Yuhnayeh. It's the mark of civilization and so has been highly respected throughout history. It went through an era where magic was forbidden from use. And those who didn't meet a certain standard - those with mental or physical illness, disabilities or magic wielders - were banished to The Land of Lost Hope - a place rumored to be so horrific in nature that Oshahe himself sought to protect his children from going inside.

After being chosen specifically by Oshahe, Joseph and Katherine won their right to the throne through battle, and reintroduced a new era of magic and reform to the previous policies set in place. Although, once Michael had been taken and Joseph lost control of his kingdom, a four year war began, and conflict between Alafankeh and other tribes, kingdoms and groups, led to the loss of alliances and support. 

Hanatbi: A blue planet that sits in Yuhnayeh's warm skies. It is where Ehmowa was banished to and where his followers - or anyone else who is cursed to eternal damnation - goes. It's also the place Michael spent nine years of his life being tortured at before escaping to Earth. 

Hope this helped some of you who may have forgotten. :) 

I also dropped a new story called Born from the Shards if y'all wanna check that out after.

Enjoy =)

**

FIVE WEEKS EARLIER:

Phantasm faces, twisted with hideous frowns, floated in an empty abyss.

From the heavens dripped grey ink, that trickled down their cheeks and left trails of blistering, bubbling burns behind. When they snarled, brown stubs bared, for their rotting teeth were shaved down to nubs. Eyes were that of cloudy glass; brown arteries resembling branches decorating them.

Glowing blue hues, the heads shouted in unison:"You're crazy!" Frothing saliva flew from their mouths. The wet gobs struck and burned my skin. "You don't belong there! You were supposed to be with us! You cheated death! You cheated!"

In the shadows was the puppet master: a creature that kept its head down, never showing its face. But I knew who it was, for it was the only creature which could twist my insides and send my heart into a marathon. Every time I noticed it there, I'd fall into a slideshow of memories, overcome with fear. And this distraction was what it needed to send another wave of illusions that rid me of sensible thought.

A figure loomed overhead in the black, taking God's place in the heavens - a white man with scraggly hairs on his head. His entire appearance was washed over with a violet hue. And a syringe was in his hand, the long, thin needle oozing blue liquid. His profile was skewed; the closer he invaded my space, the larger that certain portions of his face appeared.

"Everything will be alright, Miss Darling." His sinister grin minimized in size. Scrutinizing eyes, hooded with wrinkly, sagging skin took the spotlight. "All the pain will soon be gone." Then the needle dipped "out of sight, out of mind" and tiny pricks burned the side of my thigh.

"You said you were having trouble sleeping?"

Blinking, I tiredly looked up from where I'd been staring at the hideous rug, patterned with faded mustards, maroons, chestnuts and off-white creams. Once it might have been extravagant but negligence had ruined it. I rubbed my eyes and nodded. "Yep," I yawned.