Gut feeling

Me and Greyson go home and i sit on the bed. This gut feeling tells me that something might be wrong. I call my dad

"Hey dad. How have you been?" 

"Great.. Have you seen your brother?" 

"No why?" 

"I haven't seen him since he left this morning." 

"I'm sure he's just over his girlfriends house or maybe a friends house, it's not like him not to call. Don't worry. I'll call him." 

"Okay." 

I call my brother. No answer. I text him and still no answer 

He calls back a womans voice answers

"Who is this?" 

"I'm his sister. Where is my brother?" 

"I'm his girlfriend. He left his phone here when he left like a hour ago." 

"Please let me know if you hear anything from him." 

"Ok will do." 

Greyson comes out of the bathroom 

"Are you okay baby?" 

"Uh, yeah. Have you seen my brother?" 

"Yeah he was over here when you left. About half an hour ago. He said something about going to see the sunshine." 

"But it's nighttime... Oh no." 

"What?"

"That's our code word for death, i know where he is. I'll be right back." 

"Be safe." He tosses me a gun 

I drive to my moms old house and run to the top of the hill 

" Jermarius! Stop don't do it!" 

He looks at me. Pain in his eyes. Gun in his hand.

"Everything has messed up since you left. Me and my girlfriend keep fighting and she told me she's pregnant.. but we never.. i got into college but they kicked me out. My homie was shot and i have nothing left. So i want to take what i have left.. My life." 

I talk to him 

"Your girlfriend i mean she isn't worth your life.. You better get up and find another college. I'm sorry about Terrence and You do have something.. You have me. My kid was killed, i was raped most of my life, my dad sold me and i found the love of my life in the mist of all of that. Just because everything is all bad doesn't mean nothing good will happen. You just have to trust the process, don't end your life, you may feel like your nothing to nobody but your someones everything. Jermarius. Please." 

He hands me the gun and we hug