Chapter One

I stepped down off the plane and took a look around. My head was spinning already, did I mention I hate plane rides? I took off toward baggage claim, hoping my best friend, Cecily was already waiting. I moved from a small town in Georgia, so you could say I have that country twang. Something I'm trying to fix. I claimed my baggage and turned around quickly when I heard a loud squeal. Arms flew around me as I dropped my luggage and purse. Cecily was bouncing up and down, jarring me along with her.

"I'm so glad you're here Belle!" Cecily practically screams. People turn to look at us and she flips them the bird. I giggle and shake my head.

"Cecily, you're the worst. How can you live with all this hustle and bustle?" I ask as we walk outside to her BMW. She shrugs and shoots me a smile.

"I'm not alone now. Thanks to that big job offer you got! And we'll be roommate's." She pops the trunk and I settle my luggage in the small space. We walk around opposite sides and get in.

"You'll have to give me a tour, when I'm not so pooped of course." I say with a sigh as I shut my eyes as she starts to drive through traffic.

"Of course. We'll have to get you settled in tonight and then we'll order take out and have wine!" She says excitedly and I just laugh and nod. Here goes nothing.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
We pull up in front of the prettiest apartment building I've ever seen and Cecily signals to tun into the parking garage. Once she parks we grab the bags and head to the elevator.

"When is the rest of your stuff coming?" She asks as she hits button number 12.

"My mom said she'd send it out within a week." My stomach drops as the elevator starts moving. It doesn't take long to reach our floor and I'm surprised by what I see.

"You didn't tell me you owned the penthouse!" I say excitedly.

"I thought it would be a nice surprise." She smiles and grabs one of my bags, stepping out. I follow behind her as she gets out her key and slips it into the lock. The door clicks open and I smile brightly.

"This is amazing."

"I had hoped you'd like it." She leads the way to what I'm going to assume is my bedroom now.

"I already painted it for you, I hope you don't mind." She bites her lip and waits for my response. I examine the baby blue walls and white trim. Even the bedspread and pillows match. I turn to her with a smile on my face.

"I absolutely love it. Thank you so much." After unpacking we hunker down in the living room surrounded by Chinese food and wine, a Nicholas Sparks movie playing in the background.

"Do you work tomorrow?" I ask Cecily as I slurp up a noodle. She shakes her head and sips her wine slowly.

"I asked for the day off so I could show you around and help you get settled in."

"Ugh. So that means I'm expected to get outta bed tomorrow?" I pout. Suddenly, the phone rings. I crane my head and peek at the house phone receiver.

"It's a Jace?" I say questionly. She yelps and holds her hand out for the phone. I stretch my arm out and hand it to her. She answers and begins speaking quietly. I sit and finish my food and glass of wine. She hangs up the phone and jumps up, startling me.

"Come on, let's go!" She grabs my shoulder and pulls me up. I look at her in confusion.

"Go where?"

"Jace just called and said he got us reservations at the hottest club uptown! We have to go!" She begins dragging me to her bedroom.

"I'm exhausted! You're crazy, I'm not going out tonight!" I tug on her hold on me.

"We just have to!" She pushs me toward the bed and walks into her closet, throwing clothes everywhere. I sigh, knowing she'll get her way anyways.

"Fine! We'll go." I say in defeat. I watch her rummage through closet. She settled on a strapless black dress with a cutout on the side. It's actually very appealing to the eye.

"This is the one!" She shoves it towards me as I smile secretly. I start to strip down as she turn back to her closet. I slip into the dress, surprised at the perfect fit. I turn to look at myself in the mirror and smile shyly.

"Does it look good on me? It's a perfect fit." I say dreamily.

"I love it!" She stands with a sparkly red number in her hand, "this is the one for me. What do you think?"

"Lovely! Absolutely lovely!" I nod my head and proceed over to her vanity. I take my time applying my makeup. And then I break out the curling iron. Why not add a few more curls to what I already have? I finish and look at myself in the mirror, satisfied I stand and hurriedly grab a pair of stilettos from her closet. Cecily comes out from the bathroom and nods her head at me.

"Lookin' hot!" She exclaims as she picks up her heels.

"Thanks babe!" I smile cheekily and load up a small clutch with the essentials. I hear Cecily squeal from the living room.

"Hurry! We've got to go! We still have to catch a cab to uptown." I roll my eyes and check my makeup one more time. I may be a country girl but I know how to clean up nice.

AUTHORS NOTE.
comments anyone? I'd like to know if anyone is even interested in reading further. Thanks in advance.
Picture of Belle's dress.