Newcomer

" OMG, look whose here, the eggheaded fish"
I ignore her and go. But seems to have other ideas.
" How was ur summer, nerd? Did u brawl out ur eyes seeing ur ugly face everyday?"
I don't want to start a fight. They always turn out bad for me. Somehow everyone finds a way to blame me. So better I keep quiet and walk away.
I can hear them snicker behind me. But by now, I am used to it. I have had my fair share of sycophants.
I find a seat in the left corner. That seems comfortable. I can have two places, one to sit and the other one to keep my bag, and since no one will sit with me, this is going to be really comfortable.
After long time of not having companions, I like myself better. Being alone is fun, I don't get why people fear it.
Ms.Williams comes in, with her is always the newcomer bunch. She says, "Students, we have a new student in the class, please make him feel welcome"
Classic. That is what happens everytime when a new student joins. A guy. Wait could it be him, no but, I don't know though, we never talked about it.
" Cone in and introduce urself dear"
The guy enters and Alexa, and her minions, Pretzi and Lexi  swoon, even Katie, who usually is quite and reserved shoots up a glance.
" Hi my name's Aaron and I will be completing my senior year here.'
" Ok welcome to u." And Ms. Williams leaves.
I didn't know his name was Aaron. We both, even though we talk a lot, have never asked for each other's names.
The Maths teacher, Mr. Spade asks him to take a seat right next to jason, the class representative.
The rest of the day is uneventful and it is already lunch time.
I am happy for him. He gets invited by at least 3 groups to sit for lunch, just on his first day. I hope he makes friends.
He is also quite smart. Next time maybe I will ask him to help me with physics hw.
I quietly sit in the ground under my tree when I hear a group talk.
" Hey guys, the new guy is so damn hot"
" He is worthy of being with us"
" Yup, he should definitely be a part of this group"
That hits me. They judge him by his looks, not by his behavior, which shows their hypocrisy. They are the same people who post beauty is inside quotes.
" Hey nerd, what are u eavesdropping at?"