Ep.1 Part 1. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals

★Today★

Steps echoed on the stage as a center spotlight shone in the middle. A woman with black hair stood in the middle as more spotlights point towards her as she open her case, revealing a violin. She took a breath, moving her bow slowly on the strings and music fills the theatre, Phantom of the Opera echoing against the walls. Small pink speckles of light appears in the short distance, seemingly dancing as the music continues.

In the far side of the moon, a huge man stretched awake, doing the usual pattern of his 'morning' routine, donning his space suit, even staring at the overflowing dumpster before heading to his seat, watching the sun rise up from his position. The sun shines, showing Number One, Luther Hargreeves, standing next to a lounge chair nearby his station in the moon.

In another side of the earth, a group of burglars terrorized a home, scaring a tied up family, before a man in complete black clothing grabs one of the burglar, breaking his neck. The family, terrified but somehow confused by the new person in their home, tries to struggle against their restraints. The light shows Number Two, Diego Hargreeves, who proceeds to apprehend the remaining burglars, his knives flying like homing missiles, curving in an impossible rate for any other human.

As the violin solo continues, red carpet reflects the flashes of multiple cameras as a stunning woman with tightly curled auburn ombre hair walked in her maroon-blood red dress. Number Three, Allison Hargreeves smiled and walked gracefully, causing the cameras to flash even more, voices of the interviewers drowning out each other.

The violin changes its rhythm as it began to play Angel of Music. Meanwhile, in the nearby center, Number Four, Klaus Hargreeves, wearing black pants and a matching jacket with fur neckline sighs in relief, finally getting out after 30 days in rehab. He just smiles as the attendant tries to remind him to stay sober but he walks away quickly.

The music changes to the notes of "Think of Me" as every sibling hears about the news that will change their usual way of life. Luther gets a transmission from his comm wrist and he looks back at earth as Diego turns to the tv, reporting a breaking story. Allison's smile falters as the interviewers suddenly asks her about her family while Klaus awakens from his overdose knockout, laughing and high fiving the emt before seeing the news from inside the ambulance tv.

"Moments ago, police reported the death of the world's most eccentric and reclusive billionaire." The reporter said on the tv as Klaus disorientedly stares on with disbelief in his face.

Back in the theater, the lights in the theater goes back on and the music stops, showing Number Seven, Vanya Hargreeves as she pauses in the middle of the stage. The other spotlights turned off and she stood still, before packing her violin back to its case.

In the front seat, a camera is held by a familiar thirteen year old girl, the speckles of light reacting to the movement of her right hand as it slowly stops the familiar conductor movement. A few speckles of light shows her smiling face as Number Eight, Maia Hargreeves, clicks the camera to stop the recording and turns it off, putting it in her backpack as she heads toward her sister.

*************

Vanya walked the busy streets, her sister in tow as they head towards her apartment. Maia is busy clicking and tinkering on her camera, looking at the pictures of Vanya as she played beautifully back in the theatre. She bumps onto Vanya gently, not noticing that she stopped in front of the Tv store. The two watches as a female reporter shows the news of the death of their father, Reginald Hargreeves and Vanya softly says Dad as Maia's eyes tears up, refusing to believe the news. It's only March 21st, two months after she got back. It seems like yesterday when her father grilled her into telling what happened to her only to not get anything conclusive and sending her to the nearest sane sibling, as he would say, Number Seven. Vanya hugs Maia as the two heads home, both in tears for the loss.