Chapter 1

In the year 1997, a man went missing. His name was Max. Maxwell Anderson.

He had a son named Sean Anderson, a wife named Liz Anderson and a brother named Trevor Anderson.

He was a true Verneian. What that meant was that Max believed that Jules Verne's writing was actual fact.

He wanted to prove to Trevor and the world but, he knew that time was drawing to a close for him when his escape back to the surface failed and on top of that, the underground ocean inside the air pocket was turning into a big oven. 

He knew that he would have traded it all to watch Sean grow up into a brave and caring man.

Two years later after Max went missing, Trevor Anderson and his wife Layla Monique Anderson had a daughter.

She was born on July 2, 1999 at 10:45 A.M.

They decided to name her Sierra. Sierra Marie Anderson.

As the little girl grew up, she was having issues. Not only medical suchlike her bladder defect but family issues as well.

Both Trevor and Layla argued and have came to a decision.

They both decided to each take turns having custody of her.

Trevor was a professor so he knew exactly how to take care of Sierra. Layla, however...Was a doctor.

Yet, she trusted Sierra to Trevor, who was generous to take his daughter in and continue giving her the love and support that she needed.

................................................................................

Sierra was a cute and clever girl.

She had brown hair and blue eyes, just like Trevor. Plus, on the bright side, she had both book sense and common sense, meaning that she was very smart.

She never got to know her Uncle Max.

She has heard her father Trevor and her cousin Sean talk about him but, she never got to meet him.

She had always wondered where Uncle Max was and so far, no answers had turned up.

...............................................................................................

One night as the young girl was sleeping, she tossed and turned.

In her dreams, she was falling into a portal that led straight to the center of the earth.

When she fell, she landed with a loud THUD.