𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

REAL LIFE.

"are you sure you wanna do this?" Cody questioned, his eyes fixed on the road as he was driving me to the airport.

"Madelyn insisted and i really need a vacation" i said with a firm voice. Cody let out a sharp exhale "you know that i'll always stick up for ya"

"but?" i furrowed my eyebrows, knowing that there was more. "you and Drew in the same place for a whole month?" he said sarcastically "i don't think it's a good idea."

"i can totally do this" i reassured him, trying to sound more convincing as possible, even though i knew deep down that he had a point.

"yea, you know that he has a girlfriend now, huh?" he quickly drifted his eyes from the road to me to look at my reaction. i shrugged.

"yeah, i saw the instagram post and then Maddie told me" i muttered. "i'll be fine, okay? i'm not going there for him" i tried to reassure him. and it was true, i was going to visit Maddie and Austin in the first place. but i'm not gonna lie, i was eager to meet him too.

Cody nodded, still doubtful. "i'm happy if you're happy" he gave me a hint of a smile as i rubbed his arm fondly. "and i love you for that. you're the best brother i could ask for" i said truthfully as i laid back on the seat, looking out of the window.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

a week has passed since i had arrived in Charleston and i was beyond happy. i grew closer with almost everyone there and the were all so kind and friendly and funny. Madelyn took me on set with her basically everyday and i really enjoyed it. the locations were breathtaking and sometimes we stayed there even after filming to relax and hang out together. filming was really stressing and demanding and normally Madelyn and the others spent a lot of time on set, hence we hardly went out at night and we'd rather get drunk together at someone's place.

since our kiss in Vegas, nothing happened between me and Austin. i found him extremely attractive with his blue hypnotic eyes and his breathtaking smile, not to mention his fit body. but i wasn't ready for a relationship and last thing i wanted was hurting his feelings, hence i decided to be brutally honest with him and luckily he understood.

Drew, on the other hand, had a girlfriend, Vanessa. she was very pretty and nice and she clearly didn't know about our past or she wouldn't act such nicely to me. i'm not gonna deny that i was pretty jealous of her and my heart clenched every time they kissed or hugged in front of me (and trust me, it often happened). but i wasn't in the position to complain. Drew looked happy with her and that was all i wanted. or at least, that's what i kept telling myself.

Drew and Vanessa hang out with us most of the time, and each time Drew acted like i wasn't there. since i arrived in Charleston he literally spoke to me five times. at first i ignored his childish behavior, but he kept ignoring me even when i tried to start a conversation. he made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with me. and that hurt me more than seeing him with Vanessa.

and before i knew it, i was locked in my room  crying over Drew Starkey and it felt like i was 18 again. i quickly wiped off my tears as Madelyn got in my room.

"hey, Elaine and I are going to get some coffee wanna com—" she stopped talking when she moved closer enough to notice my swollen, puffy eyes. "what happened?" she asked in concern.

i quickly shook my head "nothing, i just got a mosquito in my eye" i lied, trying to be very convincing but i clearly failed as Maddie crossed her hands over her chest and glared at me "a mosquito? really?" i nodded convincingly "is that mosquito named Drew Starkey?" she said sarcastically and i burst out into tears again.

Madelyn sat down at the edge of my bed, running my back in comfort "Riles..." she said softly. "i'm okay" i quickly wiped off my tears again "i just had a little break down".

Madi looked at me in concern "i'm sorry but i don't believe you" she said with a more rather serious voice.

"i'm deadass, i'm okay" i insisted, sitting upright. "no, you're not. and i can't help you because i don't even know what the hell happened between you two". i threw my head back and groaned, burying my face in my hands.

Madelyn looked at me in silence, waiting for me to open up. "we were together" i muttered. "yeah, we all got that. plus we saw the pics on your instagram" she joked.

"hey!" i complained, punching her arm playfully. "what happened between you two?" she asked with a straight face. i sighed, she won't quit till i tell her everything.

"i broke up with him because i was scared of a long distance relationship when he moved to LA" i explained.

her jaw dropped "that's it? are you kidding me?" she said with a high-pitched voice.

"stop yelling Mads!" i scolded her "you don't know the whole story, i broke his heart back then" my voice broke.

"yeah, and he broke yours. when are you gonna tell him that you still love him?" she teased.

"Madi, he has a girlfriend and he's very happy. plus, he barely talks to me" i replied.

"hello?? she's clearly a rebound!!" Madelyn snapped. i got of the bed angrily "Madi stop! i won't talk to him!" i snapped.

"fine, keep crying over him then" she blurt out visibly upset, before walking out of my room and slamming the door.

"Madi wait" i called out her name, running after her "i'm sorry i didn't mean to yell at you" i apologized, pulling her into a hug "i'm so sorry."

she hugged me back "i'm sorry too, i didn't want to force you into anything bubs, all i want is you to be happy."

"i know" i reassured her, rubbing her back "love u too Mads."

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

a.n.
i'm so sorry if i haven't updated lately but i've been busy with online classes and stuff. ngl i'm not sure whether go on with this book or not bc i think my writing is shitty lol. btw i hope u're having a good day :)