MOVING OUT

"Tracy have you packed everything ?" Mom shouts as she climbed the flight of stairs towards my room.
I  just sat on the floor of  my room . I could not hold back  her tears  as  I knew this was my last time in the city . The memory I had of my once called home could not let me move as  I stared into the emptiness of what I would now call life.
"Tracy ! Tracy ! Come on ! Open up." Mom called out.
"  I don't wanna leave mum my whole life is here mom "   I said as I wiped the tears on my cheeks opening the door to my room.
"Tracy I thought we talked through this !"mom said.
I knew there was nothing else that could stop them from moving to  Tolaka.
  Tolaka was our said origin . It was guarded and descrete since it held our culture . The culture was so upheld there that even those who were born of it outside tolaka were also initiated into the culture. It was crazy stuff that I would not want to get myself into but mom and dad just could not understand that . As hard as I fought not to go there the stronger the language they used and forced me to relent at last .
The real reason behind our moving out was even more absurd. Our so called leaders had summoned a specific clan which was believed to be the royal clan . Now the wierd thing was that we did not even hail from that clan . Our clan ,the omusa , was  at first a neighbouring clan which was acquired by the Tolaka community through a historic conquest in which legends say  we were defeated. The aftermath of the lost battle was that we were considered weak  and were not allowed into tribe leadership. (Not that I even cared much😒)
The rhetoric questions paced through my mind about why there ? why us ? But with no one left to answer I gave in and moved to the packed van that was parked on our drive way waiting for my mom and I .Dad as usual stood outside the house shouting at us as we dragged our feet down the stairs .
We got into the van and  started our journey into a new world .
I got to my window seat and said my last good byes to the house . Even muni our dog could feel the pain entrenched in my heart as I stared at the compound we lived in all my life.

@ joel_reiken
Please comment...next update is super sweet don't miss out