Those were the days

Nandini's P.O.V.

I was lying on this stiff hospital bed and Papa and Manik are outside discussing about something. But I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Papa slapped him, my love was slapped by my father. Well! I know Papa can have some temper issues, Maiyya told me a few times but he never showcased that to me, like absolutely never.

Now that I'm feeling good I thought to go and check on them.

The moment I was out of the room I saw Papa going out of the hospital and Manik was standing with lots of worries and stress in his eyes. I know him more than anyone else but still today I don't understand the meaning of this divorce. A lone tear escaped my eyes but I am firm on my decision to not show him any emotion of mine.

Suddenly someone screamed for help and I saw in that direction, it was a lady who must be in her 2nd trimester of her pregnancy and was unable to stand so me and Manik ran towards her for help. As soon as we reached her, her husband came out from the doctor's cabin and he thanked us for helping his wife to which Manik told him it was just humanity and I told that lady to take care of herself and wished her luck.

As the couple left, we both were looking at each other with the cute memory of us in my head

Past

"Di, kya lengi aap (what will you have?), shall I make you something quickly and then we will gossip till later" I said to Mukti Di

"Nahi Nans (No, Nandini) I'm here to talk and it's very important so first sit down" she said so we both sat on the couch with a cushion by our sides.

"Okay, so what is it?" I tried to make her comfortable as I could see she was dreading over something

"Well! So ..... You know.... I ..you see.." she took a deep breathe before continuing as I didn't interrupt her "Ithinkiampregnant"

"What?" I said as I was completely confused

"I think I am pregnant" she said with stressing on every word coming out of her mouth

"Really, if you think so why don't we go to the doctor, let me book and an appointment with the gynecologist" with saying that I unlocked my phone but di took my phone away and now I'm confused

" What's wrong di" I again said

"You see, I .... I have already taken the test" she started

"And" I interrupted

"I resulted ... Positive.. but still I want to make sure before telling your jiju about it" she said with a little nervousness in her eyes but I could feel that deep down she is so excited about it so I suggested her to take the test here and we both would check it together..

She agreed and I asked if she wants me to come with her for moral support but she said it was fine so I went into kitchen to prepare something spicy as she loves the spicy dishes I prepare and she went to take the test.

As I was mixing the grated cabbage with the all purpose flour for making Manchurian balls there was a ting on my phone. It was Manik's message

"Sweetheart is it okay to say that I miss you like crazy and I want to be with you all the time" Manik's message

"Well, for any girl it would be a wooing moment but for me no it's not okay" with an angry emoticon I send it to him