00

"Man is disturbed not by things, but by the views he takes of them."
- Epictetus

July 1, 2013

"Dan? Wake up!" Tray shakes the boy from his sleep. Dan groans and turns his body around to face away from his friend. He quickly grabs a pillow at the end of his bed and slipped it into his arms.

Tray sighs deeply. He looks around the room and landed on the huge book resting on Dan's desk. He smirks, "If you're going to act that way, then you leave me no choice old friend." He grabs the book from the desk and tosses it to the sleeping man.

Dan lets out a loud yelp as the spine of the book lands on top of his head. He quickly sat up and turned to look at his roommate with annoyance in his face, taking the book and tossing it back to the other guy, who dodged it skillfully.
"What did you do that for?!"

Tray laughs silently to himself and turned around to face the door. He walked a few steps to the door, his hand resting on the doorknob, "Make sure to double-check the stuff in your bag before you go."

The man on the bed, confused, looks at the digital alarm clock set on his bedside table. His eyes reading 10:30 AM, with a sudden jolt of energy, Dan throws the blanket off of him and hops down on the bed. The other male watch as the panicking boy shuffles around the room stuffing several articles of clothing and books into his bag.

"I am so late, Tray!" Dan exclaimed, zipping up his bag then hooking up to his right shoulder. He then rushes past his roommate and starts descending down the staircase, jumping off a few steps along the way to quicken his pace.

"Why is this so important to you again?" Tray asked, continuing to watch Dan run into the kitchen before coming out with toast in his mouth. Muffled sounds come from his occupied mouth and the roomie simply sighs.

"I get to test a new game that could possibly help boost the growth of my community, Ray!" Dan says with the excitement of a child. He fixes the other strap of his bag and turns to a fellow-creature walking into view of them.

"Good morning, Grim!" The bright boy chuckled and picked up the white husky, feeling the fast wag of his tail hitting his arms, "I'm going to be gone for a while, do you think you can man the fort for a while?"

Grim barks in response, moving his face close to Dan's to lick his cheek. The boy laughs and places the dog back down, then gazing up at his roommate staring down at him.

"What's wrong? You seem quieter than usual," Dan asked with a quirked eyebrow.

Tray shakes his head and shows a half-smile, "Yeah, I'm fine though. I'm just a little bit bummed out that you're going to leave me dead in this place."

Dan teased, "Aw, is Ray-Ray going to miss his roommate?"

"Oh, shut up."

"I'm kidding, buddy," He lifts a thumbs up and beamed a smile at him. "Anyway, I need to get going before I miss the bus again."

Tray nods and starts heading down the staircase to give the male a farewell hug. As they exchange their farewell and Dan exits the house with Tray seeing him off, the boy looks down at the letter in his hand with a decorated ink stamp attached to the middle portion of the letter. The bus arrives in time and he says his last farewell to Tray before jumping in and finding an empty seat.

To Daniel, Congratulations is what can be read out on the address of the letter. He didn't know who wrote it or how they knew his name, but the information written down on the letter was merely enough to spark some joy into the young boy.

"I can't believe it," he breathed in and looked out at the window of the bus he caught up with. He can see the figure of a tall building in the distance, but it eventually starts getting closer to his view and he's able to read aloud the big letters hanging on the exterior of the building.

"Infinity Studio, here I come!"