Prologue - The Arrival

For the tourist, it has been about six months since the fall of the tower. There has been words going around that the tower was slowly rebuilding but in all honesty the tourist did not care. There was nothing for him there anymore. Henri and May were dead, he had saved Casey's life and he had managed to salvage a bit of the supplies from the flooded armoury. He still wondered if Casey was safe wherever he was. He just hoped he hadn't gone to Wellington since it wasn't really a safe place anymore. It was run by a different group who only looked out for themselves and they would kill anyone who came into their land.

The tourist cleared his thoughts and gazed around at the situation he was currently in. A few days earlier he came across a map of the area he was in. According to the map, he was currently situated in a river somewhere  in West Virginia. It was lucky his motor was still running because he did not want to use one of his guns for a paddle.

A sound of something exploding jolted him from his position. The tourist quickly glanced around and managed to see a tonne of smoke rising into the air behind the tree line. He quickly steered his boat to shore, carful to avoid crashing and damaging his boat. As soon as the boat was safely on shore, the tourist unholstered his FS92M and silently made his way up a hill towards the source of the explosion.

After a few minutes of walking and finding small supplies the tourist finally arrived at the source. Unfortunately it was an area infested by a small herd of walkers. He quickly hid behind a small fence with a pile of debris in front of it. There was also a wooden sign which read: FRIENDLY? RING BELL (NO TRESPASSING). It would be best not to draw attention to himself so the tourist decided to leave. Whatever valuables were in the house on the other side of the herd was probably not worth the ammo. Unfortunately luck wasn't on his side. A crashed rolled over car decided to suddenly blow up behind him. The walkers gained interest immediately and started to home in on the tourist.

The tourist silently cursed as he began backing away from the herd and shooting walkers what came to close for comfort. He then ran back down the hill towards his boat. When he got back to his boat he quickly got the motor running. He steered the boat away from the shore and continued to drive down the stream as the walkers dumbly fell into the river behind him.