Chapter Twenty-Six : Joesphine

I must have fell asleep cause I wake up to my alarm ringing in my ear, I rub my eyes and notice the photo of me and Stefan next to me on the bed. I take one last look and carefully place it in my draw. I'll give it back I him soon but not just yet.
"Elena, hurry up!" Rebekah barges in to my room and turns the light on and comes over to my bed.
"What? I've got an hour to get ready" I groan and put a pillow over my face to block the light as it is far too bright.
"Erm no, we are leaving in ten minutes!!" She takes the pillow from my head and starts hitting me.
"Oh my god! What are you doing?" I try to avoid the pillow but she is too fast.
"Get up!" She hits me one more time with the pillow and finally stops.
"Okay okay" I jump out of bed and avoid the pillow when she goes for one last hit.
"Meet you in the car" she smiles at her accomplishment and leaves the room.
"Honestly" I whisper under my breath.
"I heard that" Rebekah whispers back, of course she did. I laugh and pull out some jeans and a top. I quickly get changed and fold Carolines hoodie that I slept in and carefully place it on my bed. I wash my face, brush my teeth and hair, apply some light makeup and grab my leather jacket. I speed downstairs with two minutes to spare.
"You ready!?" Hayley calls out from the kitchen.
"Yeah" I answer back and I sit on the sofa waiting for everyone and Bonnie walks through the front door. "Hey" I smile and she gives me a light but genuine smile. The first genuine smile since Caroline's death. I'll take it, one step closer.
"Everyone ready?" Stefan walks down the stairs in some black jeans and a light T-shirt with a jacket. His green eyes shining brightly today, I can tell he feels the same way as me today. Hopeful. I don't know how I'm going to be if this Josephine person doesn't know about the other side. I was holding on after Caroline died because I had my mind set on killing Samuel but after he 'died' I didn't have anything else to live for but now I have hope that we can bring her back.
"Yeah" I smile with my teeth and I stand up and put my leather jacket on me. "Rebekah! Hayley! Damon!" I shout for them I want to be there as soon as.
"Here" Rebekah says when coming through the kitchen door. She's wearing jeans, a very nice top which looks incredibly expensive and a coat that probably cost more then my car.
"Rebekah?" I scan her clothing looking her up and down.
"Hmm?" She looks up from her daylight ring which she was fiddling with.
"How much money do you actually have?" I hear Hayley laughing quietly in the back.
"Enough to keep me going" she smirks and walks towards the door. She takes her car keys out of her coat pocket and walks out the door.

"Give me the keys" Damon holds his hand and Rebekah turns around with shock plastered across her face.
"In what universe would I give you the keys to my car" Rebekah puts her hand in her pockets.
"I know the town we are going to" Damon smirks.
"You so much as even get a scratch on my car, I will rip your head off and feed it to the fishes" Rebekah smiles and I smile a bit myself.
"Understood" Damon holds his hand out and Rebekah throws the keys, he catches them and opens the door for the drivers side. Bonnie opens the passenger door in the front of the car, she obviously doesn't want to sit in the back with me yet. I sit in the back on the right side, Stefan sits in the middle, Hayley and Rebekah squeeze in the back on the left side.

We've been in the car for an hour now, only an to go. It's really starting to hit me that if this lead doesn't work out then I don't know what else we can do. If it didn't work then that meant I would loose Caroline for good and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
I start drumming my fingers on my lap, my hands stop and I look down and see Stefan's right hand resting on my left hand and his cold daylight ring rests on my skin. I give him a light smile and just at the touch of his hand I'm completely calmed. I can't keep my mind of Samuel because I know that he will come back and it will only be a matter of time when, he already took Caroline, who else will he kill to get to me? I know that when Samuel next comes I will go with him there is not a chance in hell he is killing anyone else because of me.

I get so lost in thought I didn't even realise we arrived when the car comes to a sudden stop and I can hear the gravel crunching under the tires. We all step out of the car and Damon throws the keys back to Rebekah, she catches them with one hand puts them back into her coat pocket.
"You're sure this is the place?" Bonnie looks around at the couple houses.
"Yep" Damon extends his arm and points to the house in-front of us. It was beautiful, it was the house I always dreamed off. The white picket fence and the porch swing, the garden the perfect size for children to play in. I shake my head and snap back into reality, I'm a vampire.
"Come on" Stefan turns around at me when he realises I haven't moved and I quickly walk to catch up with the others. I knock on the red front door and a lady of the age of around forty opens the door.
"Hello, Josephine?" Rebekah steps forward next to me and the lady looks at her scanning her up and down.
"What's it to you?" The woman speaks up and looks around at the rest of us.
"I'm Rebekah -" Rebekah starts speaking.
"Oh I know who you are. The blonde hair, the blue eyes, the money, the accent. You're Rebekah Mikaelson, the female version of your brother. Klaus Mikaelson" The lady stares at Rebekah.
"Well my reputation perseeds me, I see" she grins at Hayley.
"What does a Mikaelson want with me?" The woman looks at Rebekah confused.
"Well we have some questions" Rebekah turns around to all of and back at the woman.
"Go on..." the woman hesitates,
"The first question, are you Josephine?" Rebekah smiles.
"Yes" Josephine answers shortly, I can hear her quicken heart rate.
"Can you help us with a certain rumour I've heard over the years" Rebekah smiles and places her hands in her pockets.
"Depends what the rumour is" Josephine answers, keeping an eyes on all of very carefully.
"The other side, a place where dead supernaturals go" Rebekah looks at Josephine eyeing her up carefully.
"I suppose you all better come inside" Josephine says and she steps out the way and we all pass the threshold of the house.