Ch. 8 - The Break Up

Demi's POV;

Over the week Joe and I become friends, I decided I need to make it up to him for what I did to his father. We walked along the sandy beach and looked out on the water. “How old was your dad?” I ask him looking deeply into his brown eyes. “He was in his late 30's,” he says as he watches the waves come in. “How'd he die?” I ask him. “They believe he was murdered,”he says. “Did they ever find out who did it?” I ask. “Nope, they gave up after a month of investigating,” he says. I take his finger and interwind them with mine. They lock together like puzzle pieces. “Do you uh, wanna go on a date this weekend?” he asks. “Yes,” I say smiling.

Ryan's POV;

Lyric and I sit on the couch with her laying on my chest as we watch the new America's Got Talent. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and leave the room. “Hello?” I say into the phone. “Hey, so Child Services is coming to my house tomorrow and they want you to be there. Dress nice and well act like were a couple. Okay?” Rachel says. “Okay, I'll be there. Gotta go bye,” I say as I hang up.

I walk back into the room and sit across from Lyric. “Sorry bout that,” I say. “It's okay,” she says sweetly. I try not to think about what Child Services might think about me. “What's wrong?” Lyric asks. I turn the TV volume down and turn towards Lyric. “Back in middle school...” Lyric interrupts me before I can finish. “I don't care about what happened in Middle school, that was then and this is now,” she says. “Just listen, back in middle school, Rachel and I we kinda um,” I pause and gather my courage. “You kinda what?” she asks. “We had a baby but we had her adopted and well now Rachel wants her back,” I wait for the yelling and screaming but it never comes, instead Lyric sits there calmly with no anger on her face at all. “Are you going to help her with the kid?” she asks. “Yes,” I say. “Then I think it's best if we break up,” she says. “What? Why? Rachel and I aren't getting back together, I'm just helping her raise the kid.” “It's what's best for the kid, don't you see that? I'll see you at school,” she says as she leaves. I guess she was right, if I'm gonna be a dad I can't be with another girl. I then realize that I still have feelings for Rachel. I call Rachel and tell her to meet me at the park.