Saturday Night Fever

When Saturday rolled around the corner the group of Swedes hade got a better grasp of the surrounding area and Joakim had actually found where the place they've been invited to were. Granted it was not in brooklyn, It was in Manhattan. So taxi it was.

Joakim was sat in Sofias couche reading some magazine he had come with and Gustav was all over her vanities asking if she needed all of it or could just put on lipstick and call it a day. Joakim explained from the other side of her apartment that it was her choice and that she decided how much she would put on. Sofia was greatful that Joakim took the parental roll tonight.

Her makeup was mostly dark eyeshadow and lipstick, but she had good skin and she didn't feel like painting to much. She seteled for a pair of leather pants that might have been a bit to tight but they sure looked good. The boys wore casual outfits so there were no need to overdress.

Walking down the stairs having a casual chat with Joakim about nothing while Gustav slid down the stair rail Sofias lip curl up at how ridiculous it was. If they were not all the same age Gustav would most definitely be hers and Joakims child. In the taxi Gustav took over the talking, rambling about all he saw out the window. About the bridge they travelled over and about the statue of liberty that could be seen over the water.

It was only around eight and the club probably just opened and the line outside was not to bad. Joakim started get impatient with getting inside to a toilet although both Sofia and Gustav told him that he should have gone in the apartment but no, he could wait.

"Seriously how long will this take?"

"Calm down 'Kim, it is only about five people infron of us now." Sofia pointed out.

"But I mean come on! Why does it take so long to get in?"

"Okej look they are getting in now. Ta det lugnt." And true to her words the line moved and the entourage also was let inside. It looked like a theatre that you hade taken out all the seats to make a dance floor. There were different coloured lights in the sealing and big speakers on the wall. The side rooms was now balconies that you could go up and talk and look down on people. In a way it looked like a construction site, the open space on the balcony wall was big rectangles from the floor to the sealing. That what it looked like on both levels of balcony.

Joakim rushed to find a restrum so it was Gustav and Sofia who ventured deeper into the club. When they reached the beginning of the dance floor Gustav stood on his toes to say that he was going to dance. Sofia gave him a nod and pointed to the bar she had spotted just moments ago, framed up at the side.

She bought a glass of red wine and just stood and people watched for a while. The wine was to wet for the occasion but she payed for it so she let that be that. Joakim faund her after about five minutes and he joins her side after buying a beer.

"This beer is shit."

"Yeah, my wine it too wet."

They snickered together at their own complaints. Joakim had his hair tied back and his brown eyes scanned the crowed for Gustav. The lights made it hard to see a little ginger boy with long hair, flipping it back and forth. When Joakim was occupied in parent mood Sofia noticed a almost-stranger slide up to her. She turned her head and looked down to greet Sal, who Gustav had been in contact with to plan this get-together better.

He smiled up at her and said a quick hello. Joakim leaned forward to look at the audition that had approached his friend at the bar. He did not want to deal with a noise complaint the first month they stayed in the brick building. No funny business on his watch.

Sal noticed a new pair of eyes on him and turned his head to meet a pair brown ones from a man leaning forward. "Hello? I'm Sal." That made the stare turn a little bit softer but still strict. "Ah, you are the one Gustav meet. I'm Joakim." Sofia was still leaning against the bar and sipped on her wine. Not sure if she should speak or not.