⋆PROLOGUE

a summers day.

it was the summer after y/n had just finished high school

it was the summer after y/n had just finished high school. not doing much or really going anywhere. though today would be different for her, in which she would be going out the house. for the first time in a couple of weeks might she add. which her parents praised her for finally coming out her room.

y/n tapped her shoe against the floorboards. after making sure she grabbed her keys, she headed out the door. the sun had been setting, giving off a warm honey color around her. she spun her keys around her finger and lightly skipped along the side of the road. 

this journey was for the purpose of searching for something new. not a boyfriend, friends, or even clothes. no, she was going to her favorite bookstore! it was quite antiquated, the wood hadn't been remodeled and was decaying. along the sides were water stains from the rain over the years. 

the door squeaked every time you would open it. plus, it was so overflowed with books that some had to be placed outside. on top of that, an elderly couple owned the bookstore and couldn't do much about its condition. even so, y/n felt at home whenever she was there. 

easily making her a regular at the store. she crossed the bridge that led to the store and tapped along the side of the bridge. finally, she made it to the bookstore. she opened the door, in which it squeaked and a small bell rung. the elderly woman slightly bowed to her in which y/n returned and smiled.

she went into an aisle of books, thumbing through a couple. she found a rather popular book, kokoro (which can mean 'heart' or 'the heart of things'). she read a couple of pages and was immediately drawn to the relaxed feel she gained. the way the words were structured could be described as gentle.

 she smiled and closed the book, holding onto it as she walked down the next aisle. instead of a book catching her eye, this time it was a man. but no one really came to the bookstore, so it was rare to see anyone else. he was immersed in a book so y/n didn't talk to him. 

but when she looked into his grey eyes, she was captivated by them. something about them were enchanting. she noticed how he wore a suit, which was only a bit unusual for her, but she didn't put much thought into it. he started to close the book and she immediately turned her head away. 

her eyes didn't look away from him though. she observed how he had held a philosophy book. his eyes met with hers only for a moment. but in that moment she felt something. something surreal. she wished that she could out it into words, but it was almost impossible to describe. 

her eyes widened ever so slightly as he took the book and paid for it. the small bell rung again, signaling his leave as she stood in the now empty aisle. y/n bought the single book, gripping onto the sides of it. while she walked home past all of the suburban homes. 

questions still lingered in y/n's mind even after she left with her newly bought book. who was he? and will i ever see him again? but for now, she could only daydream and fantasize about meeting the young man again. she smiled to herself, looking into the hazy sky. 

chapter made by: mooniie (-MOONIIE)

[enjoy the prologue while you can]