Hinata Shōyō 文化祭

I jolted awake as soon as my alarm started blasting from my phone. I quickly turned it off rubbing my eyes with my other hand.  I check my phone and it read 6:30am. I then jumped up as I remembered the date it was today. Today is the day of the school festival. I'm both excited and nervous.

At the beginning of my first year I auditioned for the school band. I didn't expect to be accepted into it at all never mind become their lead singer. I always knew I had a nice voice but I was sure there was better. The day of the festival would be the first time I would be performing in front of an audience and one of the songs we would be doing is a song I wrote since the other members wanted me to write one since they all had written the rest we were performing.

As I was getting ready for school I couldn't stop thinking about a certain orange tangerine. He and a certain angry blueberry were both my best friends. I've liked Hinata since middle school but of course i couldn't tell him. He was too set on his goal to be the new 'Tiny Giant', which I respect. I decided that instead of being a burden to him I will always help and take care of him whenever I could: I would always go to his volleyball games (including practice matches), visit him when he gets ill and study with him. It always warms my heart to see his bright smile whenever he scores a point or gets a question right. His smiles are always so contagious.

Just as I was packing my change of clothes for the festival there was a knock at the door which I could only assume was Hinata and Kageyama. My mum confirmed my thoughts as she called me down. I finish packing my bag and sling it over my shoulder with my guitar case on my back and run down the stairs. I quickly give my mum a peck on the cheek and shove my black shoes on. "Bye mum!" I shout as I walk out of the door. I hear a faint "Bye honey, have a good day." as I close the door. When I look up I see my two best friends I give them a bright smile.

"Hi Y/N!" Exclaimed Hinata.

"Stop being so loud," Kageyama says as he hits Hinata around the back of the head. "But hi Y/N."

"Hiya guys."  I smiled as we start walking. "Are you both excited about the festival?"

They both nod in response though one is clearly more enthusiastic than the other. "What about you? Aren't you going to perform in front of the whole school?" Kageyama asks curiously.

I gulp nervously and nod, "Yeah but it's going to be my first performance and I'm kinda nervous.."

"Don't be nervous Y/N-Chan! Me and Kageyama will be cheering you on!" Hinata states loudly as he pumps his fist in the air. I giggle in response and say a quite thanks.

Soon we arrive at school and go our separate ways to our different classes. The day goes by quickly and soon enough it's time to go get ready for the festival. As soon as the bell goes off and Sensei dismisses us, I speed off to the changing rooms backstage. I change into my performing outfit (A/N ➳ This could be any outfit of your choice but i'm putting mine below c: ).

 I change into my performing outfit (A/N ➳ This could be any outfit of your choice but i'm putting mine below c: )

As I finish up with my makeup F/N comes in. "Y/N, we're going on stage in 5 minutes."

"Alright thanks F/N." I smile and tidy up my hair.

Soon enough I was on stage looking into the vast crowd of students. I gulped but then I saw a glimpse of orange in the corner of my eye. It was Hinata smiling brightly as always. He can always calm my nerves. As the lights shone on us I readied my guitar and started singing.

(A/N ➳ Just saying I do not by any means own this song, I edited the lyrics so it was about a boy and as though a girl was singing. The song is called 'Looking Out For You' by Joy Again. Go listen to it.)

----------

I guess I should stop
Looking out for you
Like I always do
When will you
Start looking out for me too
Instead of leaving me staring at my shoes

Just the way you're glancing at me
Something about you
Just makes me feel guilty for
Liking you
When you're with her

This is a love song for a boy
Who will never know it's about him
Know it's pretty stupid
But I'm much too shy to tell him

She's beaming that smile all the while
I'm all tripped up on my own throat
I guess there is no hope

When you're walking out in the snow
I say I guess I should go
And we're talking about someone else
When we should be talking about ourselves

It's the same old situation
You've always got me waiting
Come on dear I think times a wastin'
Before we have to go back inside
And return to our normal lives

This is a love song for a boy
Who will never know it's about him
Know it's pretty stupid
But I'm much too shy to tell him

He's beaming that smile all the while
I'm all tripped up on my own throat
I guess there is no hope

----------

As soon as I finish singing the whole audience erupts into cheers and I can't stop grinning. I guess I was nervous for nothing.

After a few more songs we all went backstage again. Once I placed my guitar against the wall I turned around and nearly jumped out of my skin. "Jesus Hinata there's no need to sneak up on m-". I was suddenly interrupted by a pair of lips. My eyes widened at what Hinata just did. Once he pulled away i touched my lips still in slight shock trying to process what had just happened.

"Look Y/N! I know I may not be the person you were singing about but I really like you and it's okay if you don't want to return-." Just like he did to me I interrupted him by placing my lips onto his. I felt him smile into the kiss as he realised what I did and his hands made their way to my waist. Once we separated, he nuzzled his face into my neck (A/N ➳ You are shorter than him by the waayyyyy) and murmured, "I'm so happy."