Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

04: Intention

ASHER

She's so into me. I can feel it.

The way her hand nervously squirms in mine, it's like she can't believe she gets to touch me.

I've got this in the bag.

Chad's already cozying up to the hot blonde's friend. I knew he'd be all over her as soon as she laughed. The way her tits jiggled practically sent him over the edge. I'm more of a face guy myself, and Poppy's got some of the most captivating features I've ever seen. Her pouty pink lips and high cheekbones make me think that she must have modeled before. And models love me, just as much as I love them. Oh, and her eyes. I would let those crystal blue eyes drown me if it meant I got to taste those lips.

Fuck. I adjust my pants as we sit down. Be cool.

I thought that it would take at least an hour or so to scope out some chicks for tonight but she literally just fell into my arms. I guess I'm magnetic like that.

We're seated for not even a minute before Adriana long-legs comes by to take our order. The outfits these servers wear are probably half the reason this club is always so packed. Hell, it's why we come here.

"Hey Asher, Chad," Adriana coos as she looks around the table. "What are you boys drinking tonight? We've got Sex on the Beach on special tonight."

Poppy turns her head slightly and rolls her eyes but luckily Adriana doesn't notice. She may look clueless but I've seen her go off on a few customers in the past eight months. Poppy's already jealous, how cute. But she doesn't need to be. Adriana's already had a lap around the track; I try not to recycle.

"Have you ever had sex on the beach, Poppy?" I smirk as Chad orders us a cocktail each, plus a bottle of Dom for the table.

Poppy bites her plump lip and narrows her eyes. "Really? That's the best you could do? Honestly, I expected something a little more original." Her voice is laced with sass.

Fuck, called out. This might be more of a challenge than I thought.

"I thought that was pretty decent." I laugh as I crack my knuckles. Time to play.

"Well, you thought wrong. You might as well have told me I fell from heaven."

I smirk. She's feisty. "Nah, you're definitely from Hell." Although she has the voice of an angel. I can't wait for her to be screaming my name.

Poppy scrunches up her perfect nose. "Hell?"

"Yeah." I drape my arm around the booth, my fingers hovering inches from her shoulder. "Cause you're sexy as sin."

Poppy groans as she facepalms but I can see a ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. "You're so lame."

"Lame, or charming?" I ask as I let my fingers drop down to graze her shoulder.

Poppy tousles her hair and her shoulder moves away from my hungry fingers. God, she even smells good. "Asher, listen. I'll give you an A for effort but I'm just here so my friend can have a fun birthday, ok? Whatever you're trying to do, it won't work. I'm not going to sleep with you."

Did she just...reject me? Before I even... What?!

I scoff inwardly. Ok, Poppy. Game on. You've just become my Everest. It's been a little too easy lately anyway. A win is far less satisfying if you don't have to put in the work.

"You're awfully quick to judge my intentions," I retort. "I'm just trying to make conversation."

"Right." She snorts. "By asking me if I've ever had sex on a beach?" She crosses her arms.