T₩£NT¥-θN€

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on the door.

"Patefacio," I said.

The faint sound of many locks coming undone followed suit, and then I grabbed the door handle and turned it, slowly opening the door.

Sam smiled. "You have got to teach me how to do that."

I crept in the old house, Sam right behind me.

I hand to hand it to him, for being tall and bulky, the guy sure could creep around.

Dean's voice could still be heard as he was talking to the woman at the front of the house.

When they started to get closer, and foot steps could be heard coming, Sam ducked behind a wall, putting himself between an old cupboard.

Just as the owner came within ten feet of me and direct sight path, I ducked out of the way, frantic looking for a place to hide.

The woman kept getting closer, so Sam just grabbed my arm and pulled my back against his chest.

Neither of us dared make a sound, let alone breath. I could feel Sam's heart beating quickly, and I knew mine was beating just as fast.

The footsteps stopped and turned the other direction, walking away, finally giving Sam and I a chance to breathe. Still, neither of us said anything as we found the basement door and crept down the stairs.

There, at the end of the room, behind.a half taken-down wall, stood a brass box about four feet tall and three feet wide.

The door to the box was circular, almost making the whole thing look like some super weird washing machine.

Sam and I walked over to it, and I squatted down in front of it, running my fingertips along the door. Therw were no clues on how to open this thing.

"Jup, uh- sorry if that was a little awkward back there. She was getting so close and there were no other options for you to-" I cut Sam off.

"Sam, it's fine. You don't have to apologize. If you hadn't done she definitely would've seen me, and the could've lead to worse things."

"Oh, okay," he said. "Any ideas on how to get this box open?"

I shook my head. "Nope, but this thing radiates with dark magic."

I was able to see Sam look at me, confused, out of the corner of my eye.

"You can feel that stuff?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah. Everyone can, you just don't really know what it is why you're feeling it. I've learned to search for it, like tuning a radio. Just like how temperature drops are signs of ghosts, the pit in your stomach you're feeling right now? The way your gut is telling that something bad is here? That's what's coming from that box."

Sam nodded. "That makes sense. It's like our body has its own magic warning system."

"Yeah," I said as I gently messed with the box.

I sat back in frustration.

"Where did you learn everything you know about magic?" Asked Sam.

"Books. Lots of books. All from my father's side. Magic just kinda ran in his family. Most of them where like witches- well, closer to one than I am- but still not a full witch. But they all had their own journal- like things. My mom insisted I that I read all of them, that way I could keep my father's legacy going."

Sam chuckled. "Believe me, Dean and I have had our fair share of the 'keep our legacy going' crap. Mind if I give it a try?" He asked, gesturing towards the box.

I shrugged and moved out of the way.

Sam kneeled down in front of the old, bronze, box and messed with the door.

A loud bang came from it, and Sam and I jumped back.

Thudding was heard from the basement steps, and the owner was yelling, Dean running.down after her.

"What have you done?! You let it out! Now we're all going to die!" She ran back upstairs, and the three of us followed her.

She locked herself in the office, and Sam went to get her out, while I stopped next to Dean.

"What do you think she meamt by 'we let it out'?" I asked.

Dean shook his head.

"I dont know, but-" Dean was cut off as something hit my temple, stinging.

My vision darkened, and I blinked, only to have all of my surroundings change.

I was standing in a large field, and it was night, leaving all of the stars visible.

The night sky was gorgeous, looking like something out of a movie.

"Hey there, JP," said a voice I never thought I'd hear again.

I quickly spun around, only to gasp as I saw who I thought it was.

There, standing in front of me, was Bobby Singer.