angst manga spoilers

is this literally just a Conan gray song?
yes.
anyway stream the Heather music video
yeah manga spoilers like major major manga spoilers
-
-
-

Hawks had done it, he felt his head spinning and heard the earth around him crumbling. He was coughing up blood and in excruciating pain.
He knew it was wrong, it was so wrong for killing Twice. He was such a nice man and such a good friend. And he was so mistaken for killing him.
But he had to.
Because the Commission told him too.

But what has that got him? Killing Twice for the people who bought him as a child earned him a deadly fight with his lover.
Dabi watched him kill Twice. Dabi also attacked Hawks.

Burnt his wings, his face, and about everything else.
So all Hawks could do was lay on the ground and barely move. He could barely breathe. Dabi stood next to him, panting.

"I can't believe sweet little Keigo, sweet little chicken loving Keigo Takami would swoop this far. Far enough to kill a friend of his." Dabi muttered, keeping eye contact with Hawks.
Hawks widened his eyes when he heard his name, the name he gave up when he was around seven.

There was one person who knew his name, Hawks childhood best friend, Touya Todoroki. Who mysteriously went missing one day.

That's when it clicked for Hawks. The man he fell in love with, the man he betrayed, the man who was about to kill him was his best friend from so many years ago.

Once it hit him his eyes filled with tears. He couldn't breathe correctly and blood kept coming from his mouth. He tilted his head to the side to keep from choking on the blood. He heard Dabi's boots as he sat down next to Hawks.
Hawks moved his head back, now facing Dabi.
How did it take him so long to realize who he was? He felt like a failure, doesn't help he literally was one.

Dabi moved his hand to hold Hawks. Even though Hawks just killed his best friend, Hawks was also his best friend. And he could tell any minute now he would die.
Hawks almost about jolted when he felt Dabi's hand in his. But he used all his energy to squeeze it once he grabbed ahold of it.

They looked into each other's eyes. Dabi was always mesmerized by Hawks' bright yellow eyes, they reminded him of the sun. Hawks was always in love with Dabi's blue eyes as they reminded him of the sky, which he loved a lot.

"I still remember the third of December." Hawks whispered. Dabi widened his eyes.
"You do?" Dabi squeaked. Hawks nodded, closing his eyes.
"Me in your sweater, you said it looked better on me than it did on you." Hawks continued.

"I wasn't wrong, Keigo." Dabi's whispered back
"Only if you knew how much I liked you but I watched your eyes as he walked by."

Dabi remembered when they were kids, Shigaraki used to come down to the Hero Commission with his grandma. And that was the 'He' Hawks was talking about.

"What a sight for sore eyes." Dabi chuckled, frowning when Hawks didn't have any reaction.
"Brighter than a blue sky. He had you mesmerized. While I die." Hawks muttered as he tilted his head again to cough blood.

"Keigo, I-"
"Why would you ever kiss me. I'm not even half that pretty." Hawks started, his tone became more angry than sad but suddenly for sad than angry.
Dabi was shaken you could say, to him Hawks was one of the prettiest people he's ever met.

"You gave him your sweater." Hawks muttered as tears filled his eyes again.
"It's just polyester," Dabi whispered as he ran his hands through Hawks hair.
"You liked him better,"

" I wish I were Tenko"

Dabi's heart stopped right there.
"Watch as he stands, with him holding your hand."
"You saw that huh..." Dabi muttered.
"Put your arm around his shoulder and now I'm getting colder. But how could I hate him?"

"He's such an angel but then again I kinda wish he were dead," Dabi muttered back. Shigaraki and he definitely had a weird love-hate relationship now.

"Why would you ever kiss me?" Hawks asked, turning his head to look at Dabi.
"Believe or not I love you a lot. And even though I," He paused to look for the right words.
"And even though over all those years ago I favored Shig, I love you a lot."

"But you like him better."
Hawks whispered.
"I wish I were Tenko."

Dabi squeezed Hawks' hand, "Don't say things like that. I love you for you. Will despite you just killed my best friend."
Hawks started violently coughing and shaking. He kept spitting blood and kept feeling this excruciating pain in his back.

Dabi watched as Hawks suffered. As much as Dabi loved Hawks, he was going to make him suffer. It hurt to watch, but he has to do it. For Twice's sake.

Hawks was dying, they both knew it.
Hawks' head was now in Dabi's lap, tilting his head the other way to spit blood every so often.
"Do you remember when I told you what a vagina was and you cried," Dabi whispered.

Hawks giggled, it was more a few soft huffs but it was something.
"Or the time when you just learned how to fly with someone on your back and you flew me into a poll," Dabi muttered, a smile plastered on his face.

Hawks nodded, weakly smiling at the memory.
"Or the time we k-"

"Touya." Hawks interrupted. Dabi looked down at Hawks in his lap. Hawks looked dead serious (😃).
"I feel tired." Hawks whispered. Dabi held him closer, "I know, baby. I know." He whispered back.

"I love you, Touya." Hawks mumbled, trying to keep his eyes open. "I love you too, Keigo," Dabi responded, not breaking eye contact.

Dabi felt Hawks breathing slow down until it stopped. And he saw Hawks eyes close and his face go completely blank. And he felt how limp his body was.

"Keigo..." Dabi whispered, running a hand down Hawks cheek. Dabi wanted to cry, he wanted to scream.
"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I made you feel like shit. I'm sorry I made you feel like that so many years ago. I'm sorry for leaving you. And I'm sorry for killing you. But now until death do us part. But we won't have to wait."

And that's when Dabi pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted his goodbyes to the league and wrote a note in his notes app.
It revealed his true identity and what happened when he was a child. How he knew Hawks and how they met again. And how he fell in love all over again. Then he wrote down what happened, how Hawks killed Twice so he had to kill him back. He even added a little note that said "Don't worry, his last words were him telling me how much he loved me. fuck u miruko haha lol (*^o^*)"
He sat his phone down, notes app opened, and laid next to Hawks.
That's when he killed himself, right then and there.
Your imagination can go wild on ways he did it.

But they finally were in peace, knowing they had each other. Hawks would never forgive himself for killing Twice. And Dabi would never forgive himself for killing the love of his life. Yes, love of his life.

But they never got to get married, live in a house together, and get a dog. Or adopt children. That's what they wanted to do as children. Be the top hero's together, and most of all are together forever. They never did accomplish that. But everything that happened, happened for a reason.

"I wish i were Tenko."

-
WHOOO MY FIRST ACTUALLY FINISHED ONESHOT. i spent an hour rewriting Heather for my Dabihawks angst for no reason today and i didn't even do the full amazing thing. eh. but i actually typed this all in one sitting without stopping, isn't that awesome.
anyway goodnight or morning idk but i'm tired