𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

REAL LIFE.

"i don't understand why you have to leave" Madelyn whined, sitting on my bed as i was packing to get back home in two days.

"i have, you know, responsibilities?" i said sarcastically "plus Miles is in town and i haven't seen him in months" i added, folding my clothes to put them in my suitcase.

"but you can't leave us!" she whined "especially now that you and Drew made up".

i rolled my eyes, resting my hands on my hips " i don't want to leave either, but i can't help it" she nodded reluctantly.

i sat next to Madi, pulling her into a tight hug "pinky promise i'll come visit you when you're back to LA" i whispered in her ear and she gave me her biggest smile "yes!" she cheered and i couldn't help but laugh at her excitement. i couldn't believe how closer we've gotten in a couple of months. two months ago i didn't know anything about her and now she was like a sister to me. life's weird.

"by the way, i talked to Austin and he told me that he can't drive me to the airport because his sister Loren will be in Charleston that day" i told her. we were looking for someone to drive me at the airport because it was a monday and almost everyone was on set. "but don't worry, i'll take a taxi" i reassured her, pushing myself up so that i could go back to packing.

"you should ask Drew" Maddie spoke so fast i could barely understand it. i shook my head "i don't want to bother him" i said truthfully. "i think he would happy about it" she smirked.

"you know who isn't gonna be happy about that?" i questioned bitterly, clearly referring to Vanessa.

"who cares about her Ry, Drew is not her property" Madelyn joked.

"i'll think about it" i said simply, leaving it at that. then Maddie started talking about the goodbye party they were throwing for me at Austin's apartment tomorrow night.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

later that day, i was on set waiting on Madelyn, drinking a coffee with Deion who was waiting to shoot one scene. "do you want help me running my lines?" he questioned, showing me the script.

"sure" i grinned "but i should warn you that i have no idea of what to do" i laughed, causing him to laugh with me. he quickly explained me what to do and he started reading his lines with me as i read John b's lines.

"hey!" i felt an arm wrapping around my shoulders "wassup man?" Deion greeted Drew, giving him a handshake. Drew sat down next to me, resting his elbows on the table and his chin on his hands. "hey" i grinned, my cheek slightly blushed at his touch as i wasn't used to it anymore.

Deion and Drew started talking about the scene they had to shoot later and random stuff. and when Deion brought up tomorrow's party, i took the opportunity to ask him if he could drive me to the airport the following day.

Drew gave me the biggest smile and told me that there would be no problem for him. I smiles at him back, thanking him.

after a few minutes, Jonas called Deion to start shooting his scene and me and Drew were now alone. Drew cleared his throat "i thought Austin was going to drive you to the airport" he questioned, after moments of silence.

i nodded "yeah but his sister is in Charleston that one day" i explained, and he nodded. and i swore i could see a hint of disappointment on his face.

i asked if i had said something wrong, and he shook his head. "do you want to, uhm, take a walk? i'll start filming again in two hours" he questioned shyly, as he wasn't sure if asking me that or not.

i said yes and we stood up, starting walking away from the set.

i quickly texted Madelyn in case she finished earlier and started looking for me. "so, are you happy to come back home?" he questioned.

Drew was walking by my side, his eyes fixed on the ground. "yea of course, i miss Cody, plus Miles is gonna be home in a few days" i said excitedly.

he smiled at my excitement. "how's he? i haven't seen him in years. gosh, i miss the old times when we all used to hangout together" his voice caught at the end of the sentence.

i wrapped my arm around him, pulling him closer as we walked "i do too" i looked up to meet his eyes as he was way taller than me.

he abruptly stopped walking to pull me into a tight hug.

at first i froze, caught by surprise by his sudden action. it took me a few seconds to hug him back, shyly wrapping my arms around his muscular torso and enjoying the feel of his warm breath against my neck.

"i don't wanna lose you again" he whispered in my ear, his hands still around me.

i melted into his comforting touch, his raspy voice sending tingles all over my spine. "promise me that you'll call me, or text me, or send me a carrier pigeon or something" he joked, making me laugh.

"pinky promise" i said, pulling away from the hug and sticking my pinky out. he let out a fit laugh before locking our pinkies together "pinky promise" he said before wrapping an arm around me and start walking again.

"wanna celebrate with some ice cream?" he questioned, glancing at me to see my reaction.

"you know me, i never say no to ice cream" i giggled as we headed to the nearest store.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

a.n.
i tried my best, i hope this is not boring :(