A Strange Partnership

Angel sat alone on a bar stool inside the hotel. He was talking to Husk about nothing in general trying to find some fun in messing with the poor man. Neither of them had seen Alastor or Charlie all morning and Vaggie looked too pissed off to confront about it.

"Do you think Vags gets laid enough?" Angel asked suddenly as he saw the woman scuttering across the hotel floor giving the young Niffty orders.

"What?" Husk turned his head. "I don't fucking know, don't you have something else to do then this?"

"Nope, I'm all yours today handsome." He wagged his hips playfully.

   The clicking of a latch caught their interest as they saw the office door open. Charlie walked out with a look of shock over her face followed by the sinister Alastor. Angel could hear the man behind him begin to breath heavily trying to keep his composure. Angel only smiled at the two raising his hand to twiddle his fingers in a playful hello. They could see that Charlie wanted to go talk with them but instead she went after Vagatha to explain what she had been doing. Alastor watched her off, that wide grin never leaving his face. He moved his attention to the young men at the table. Husk rolled his eyes pretending to do inventory as the man joined them.

"Goodmorning gentlemen." He said taking a seat a stool away from Angel.

"Hey toots, what were ya so busy with in there?" The blond leaned over the counter.

"Business my effeminate fellow." He said leaving out any context.

   Husk couldn't help but become interested in the man's words. "What business?" He stared.

"I want it to be a surprise." The brunette said coyly.

"Ooo didn't know you could be such a tease." Angel lifted his long leg running his foot over Alastors trousers.

   Alastor moved out of the way not losing his smile but shuttering at the boys sexual intentions. The two didn't seem to notice though as their attention was drawn to the loud booming of a woman yelling. "Whaaaat?!"

   Huske sigh watching Angel as he began to chuckle to himself.

"Wow Al, you sure twisted her Taco." He laid back against the bar. "I cannot wait to find out what kind of deal you made with Charls."

"Deal? There better be no deal, I said no funny business!" Husk spoke unable to repress his bubbling rage.

"There is nothing funny about it." The man answered plainly.

   Soon around the corner the group saw pink hair bounding towards them. Niffty came running to Husker's side quickly saying. "Hi!" Pleasently before grabbing Husk's collar. "Vaggie's calling a meeting and I think its bad!" She cried.

"Hm, maybe Charlie has finally decided to shut down this trash heap." Angel joked.

"No! She wouldn't do that!" Niffty's eyes became wide.

   Husk held Niffty's hands gently removing them from his shirt. She looked up at the suddenly calm man feeling a sense of relief before he could even speak.

"She ain't going to close down shop Niffty, she loved this crappy joint too much." He assured.

"Unfortunately." Angel grumbled.

"Hey, this place has saved your ass plenty of times." The grizzled man reminded.

"This place is practically Rehab." Angel looked to Alastor. "They sober me up, gimme a sticker, then send me out into the world in hopes I dont do it again." He chuckled.

"But you always come back." Niffty recalled. "Maybe if you didn't get yourself in trouble all the time you wouldn't have to keep coming back." She said with a ditsy sweet honesty.

"Haha." The blond laughed fakely. "We'll see whose laughing next time you get stuck in a back ally with four hooker and a few baseball bats asking for my expertise in-"

"Hey!" An upset voice interrupted him.

   The group turned to see Vaggie standing alone seathing in anger. "All of you. Staff room. Now!" She demanded.

   Husk and Nifty walked quickly to Vagathas's side as Angel and Alastor simply sauntered at their own pace. She let the first two pass but stepped out in front of the others.

"Angel you're not staff." She reminded.

"But I'm family." Angel pleeded.

   Vaggie knew arguing with Angel would only bring on more headache so she let him pass. She looked to Alastor with a warning scowl as they made their way to the small room. As they got inside they could see a small coffee table as well as a few old couches where Charlie, Husk, and Niffty awaited them. Angel sat with Husk while Alastor chose to sit at the head of the coffee table. Vaggie stayed standing leaning on the back of the couch unable to find comfort in the situation. She looked to Charlie who chuckled awkwardly before she began to talk.

"Hello everybody, good morning." She began trying to bring a more positive mood to the room. "So as everybody knows the hotel hasn't been doing very well lately. However I have been offered a deal from Mr. Alastor. He would like to help us in rejuvenating the Happy Hotel with renovations and more advertising."

   Vagatha dug her fingers into her arm fighting off the need to protest. Niffty clapped happily excited by the news. Husk said nothing but his displeasure and distrust was easy to see.

"Its about fucking time." Angel spoke up. "This place is a hot mess." He chuckled.

"We can't argue with that." Charlie smiled softly. "Everyone welcome Alastor to the team and take good care of him."

   No one said a word except for Alastor who simply said. "I look forward to working with you all."