ᴘʟᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇʀʀɪᴇś

Aiden was walking back home from another basketball match although they do this for fun, it still manages to tire the boy out but he did feel refreshed despite his tiredness. His heavy panting consistent as he walks to the path of nana's house but technically it's his house too since he did grow up there and lived there pretty much his whole life.

Even though he felt exhausted he still felt happy that he still has something to keep him happy. As he continued to walk while bubbled up in his thoughts, he accidentally bumped into a girl who's eyes were brimming with tears.

"Woah Woah whoa! Are you ok kiddo?" Aiden asked with concern. The girl wiped her tears away and shook her head but before she could utter a word someone from behind yelled

"Odessa wait! I'm sorry!" There Aiden saw a boy chasing after the girl that he now knew as Odessa as yelled by the boy.

Odessa ran away quickly without uttering another word to him as the boy continued to go after her.

Aiden was now perplexed to what just happened but was too tired to even question anything so he just continued walking. He soon came to a sudden halt when he reached the porch of the house.

There he saw his older sister, Rachel, bawling her eyes out with loud sobs. What is with everyone crying today?! Aiden questioned in his thoughts. He rushed to his sister extremely concerned.

"Rachel what happened?" he asked worriedly.

"s-sh-she didn't like me! It's all m-my fault!" she wailed out.

Aiden grabbed her sister and pulled her to his room and sat her down. He grabbed a glass of water and gave it to her. She gulped in down and her once sobbing now turned to sniffling.

"Better?" Rachel nodded.

"Ok, can you tell me what happened?" Aiden asked her calmly. Rachel sighed and began to speak.

Rachel's Flashback

I walked in the café where Zuri and I used as our hangout. My heart fluttered as I thought of Zuri. She was magnificent with her short wavy hair and her innocent eyes. I blushed as I thought of her. I've had a crush on her ever since we became best friends, but she doesn't know about it. You see...she's kinda homophobic despite that, I was still infatuated with her, I always brush away those thoughts. Just as long as she doesn't know my crush on her we can still be friends. Just as long as I still get to see her smile every day when she's with me.

I walked towards our table waving excitedly at her but my disappointment she didn't wave back. Instead, she gave me a frown and gestured me to take my seat.

"What's wrong? Did something bad happen?" she didn't reply but shook her head. Suddenly, she glared at me.

"How long?" she spat with venom in her tone.

"How long what?" I questioned. What is going on?? I wondered but then she uttered a growl.

"How long have you had a crush on me?! And how long did you know that my brother was dating yours?!" she bellowed. My eyes widen in shock, how did she find out. It seemed that she read my mind, so she answered my question for me.

"I saw Aiden and my brother making out in his room a couple of weeks ago, I was disgusted when I saw it so I straightened Okko up, then made him break up with Aiden. I can't believe my brother was a fag, but this isn't about them. So, when were you going to tell me, Huh?! Until I figured it out on my own?! Until I liked you back?! Well get this in your head, Rachel Williams, I WILL NEVER LIKE YOU BACK! Why? BECAUSE I'M NOT A LESBIAN!!!" she yelled in frustration.

The café soon grew quiet as they stared at our table from Zuri's loud exclamation. Already embarrassed and heartbroken, I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the café, leaving now my ex-friend behind.

How could Okko betray me like this! I trusted him not to tell his sister, but he didn't keep his promise. He already broke my brother's heart and he's lucky I didn't kill him but now my hatred for him grew. He is no longer someone I care about. He was such a sweet guy, but I guess that was all a lie too. He has changed after his sister "straightened" him out, I'm not going to bother about him, he was a coward for breaking up with my brother just because his sister found out and he couldn't stand up to her. I thought his love for Aiden was stronger than that.

I should have realised that she'll never like me, it's my fault for falling for someone who was homophobic. I should not have been so naïve.

I slammed my door and hurriedly packed my things. Zuri and I were roommates, and I was meeting her because she just finished her classes. But now, I don't see the reason to stay here since she despised me so much.

I was so blinded by rage for being humiliated and betrayed that I didn't process what happened. I quickly booked an air ticket and got all my things and left. Never looking back.

It was a mistake ever falling for anyone let alone someone who was clearly would not reciprocate my feelings.

End of Flashback

(This now in Aiden's POV)

"Wow....well I'm speechless, I guess I now know why Okko wanted to break up with me... I'll let you rest sis, I'm sure Nana won't mind if you moved back in too" I comforted her.

"We'd probably bite our heads off but thanks little bro" She chuckled.

I led her to her room and helped her unpack as we discussed some other things besides what happened. After we were done, I bid her goodnight and went to bed too. But I couldn't sleep peacefully as what Rachel just told me stuck to my head, the reason why he wanted to break up with me. He could have just told me! I groaned in frustration as I try to at least get some sleep despite these thoughts running through my mind.