Chapter 1: Before Umbrella

In the 1800s, the Travis maritimetrading company begins exploiting mineral resources in Africa. Followin the 1900s by collecting African flora & fauna samples andlaunches its drug manufacturing venture.

In the 1960s, the engineer, Michael Warren begins theelectrification of Raccoon City. The Travis Company is renamedTricell. Edward Ashford, the fifth head of the Ashford family, startsthe search for the Progenitor virus.

In 1962, Lord Ozwell E. Spencer commissions architect George Trevorwith the design and construction of a mansion.

In December 1966, Spencer, Edward, James Marcus, and headresearcher Brandon Bailey discovered the Progenitor Virus, a virus withthe ability to recombine the genes of other organisms, on the"Stairway to the Sun" flower underneath African ruins. The"Progenitor Flower" containing the virus is brought back toAmerica for cultivation by Dr. Marcus and Bailey.

In March 1967, Bradon fails to cultivate the Progenitor Flower andSpencer furthers his plan to establish a company.

In November 1967, The mansion and research lab are completed inthe Arklay mountains on the outskirts of Raccoon City. The tragicfate of the Trevor family

In 1968, manufacturing of Raccoon City's streetcars begins inEurope. The streetcar network opens the drug company Umbrella isfounded as a facade.