Chapter Five

Before I knew it, the New Years Eve party was tomorrow. I flew back to my parents house where I grew up in California, on Christmas Eve. As usual, we done our yearly tradition in going over to my grandparents house in the retirement community, where we had dinner with my Auntie Ellen, and her two children that were barely teenagers.

It always felt strange going home. It's not that I didn't get on with my parents but they became very education based type of parents and once I started being the top of my classes in high school, they pretty much left me alone. I had a few close friends that I still spoke to from school, and I met up with them for a morning coffee on one of the days. They both worked an incredible amount so I barely saw them, even on Christmas Day they went into their company that they owned together.

As I arrived back to my apartment, my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

"Hi" I breathed.

"Do you want to come shopping? I've got nothing to wear for tomorrow" Paige muttered.

"You and I both know that is a lie" I said, smiling.

She chuckled, "shut up"

"I've just got in, so give me twenty minutes or so" I replied as I went into my bedroom.

"That took you ages, you texted me like three hours ago" she said.

"Traffic was mental. Time of the year for tourists isn't it" I replied as I picked out my clothes to change into.

"Oh shit yeah" she laughed.

An hour later we were walking around a clothes shop, as we looked through the clothing rails.

"What are you wearing?" She asked me as she pulled out a glittering gold small dress.

"I'll tell you when I see it," I began and laughed a little, "to be honest it slipped my mind. I know I have dresses at home but I may as well look" I muttered.

In the last store we deiced to go before going for dinner, I knew as soon as I saw this dress, I wanted to wear it tomorrow. I grabbed my size of the hanger and went to the changing rooms, as Paige also grabbed two dresses she saw.

I grinned at myself in the mirror, the red satin type of material clung to my waist and hips, just ending mid thigh, and then a small leg slit was on the left leg. It was a sweetheart neck line, and gave me a comfortable amount of cleavage I was fine with showing. The spaghetti straps were comfy on my shoulders, they didn't dig in.

"You ready?" I called to Paige who was in the changing booth next to me.

"Yep" she said as I heard her push back her curtain, and we both stood in front of one another.

I rose my eyebrows looking at her she had a low V neck dress on, that floated around her figure, and ended mid thigh, it was shimmering emerald green at me.

"Shit" I muttered, nodding at her, showing how much I liked the dress with my expression. She matched the face I was making back to me.

"Definitely" she replied, grinning at me.

As we paid and left the store, I shut the door behind me in the cold streets, wrapping my scarf around my neck more, listening to Paige talk about where we were going to dinner, a new place she thought I would like since she had been before with some of her other friends from her class.

My eyes glanced to the two men in front of us, just passing by Paige. I widened my eyes slightly in surprise to see Yoongi, with a man I hadn't seen before. He was taller than him, and had long brushed back wavy hair, with a few pieces falling forward. He had a bright smile looking at Yoongi as they were in conversation.