Birthday Murder

🌸Everything in this Chapter is true
If  there is an * next to someone's name it's because I've had to change it🌸

Sunday, June 19th 2016

Police lines saying 'Do Not Cross' were blocking the road. "What's happened here mum?" My sister asked.
"I don't know. Ask your Auntie when you get inside." My twin sister and I were all dressed up, ready to go to my best friend's Japanese themed birthday party. Everyone in my class had been invited.

"State your name, and why you need to go in." A tall police officer asked us. My mother replied and said that we were on our way to the party and told him our names. The police officer whipped out a notebook and wrote all the information down.

"What? Really? That's so cool! But also really sad," I replied. My best friend *Sarai had just told me that someone was murdered near her block of flats and the police were looking for suspects and in order to do so were gatekeeping the opening to the road.

🌸One hour later🌸

Everyone was sitting on the fence when I came back from the toilet. "Hey, Sarai, is it okay if I take a drink?" I asked.
"Yeah sure, just make sure to watch out for the plug.
"What plu-" I was going to say. Everything moved in slow motion. I was plunging headfirst into the bucket of drinks surrounded by ice and ice cold water. I reached out my right arm to catch the end of the fence, but my left hand grabbed something... softer than the fence. As soon as I had caught myself, everything seemed to move at normal speed again until, "Hey, what the hell! Let go of me!" A voice snapped.

Looking up, I realized that my left hand was touching the chest of one of the most annoying people in my life, *Joe. I felt my face grow hotter and hotter as I rushed to bring myself back to my feet.
"Bruh man, you're so weird" he said. His younger brother, *Jason, was laughing at me. I sat down, tears brimming in my eyes, feeling the most embarrassed I had ever felt by a landslide.

🌸 Later🌸

My twin sister and I were staying at Sarai's house for a sleep over,  so we were in her room playing Minecraft Pocket Edition together. "Make sure to switch those off soon okay?" Her mum had said. She walked over to open the windows,  but we weren't going to let her. "Mum mum mum, please don't open the windows," *Sarai said.

"Why?" Her mum said back.

"Because of the murderer!" I said.

"Yeah, we could be in danger" My sister said.

"Don't be silly, you'll be fine" *Sarai's mum said. "But just in case," She shut the windows.

🌸3:30 Am🌸

We were laughing at the randomest things when we heard creaking outside. "Whatwasthat??" Sarai asked. We all pretended to fall asleep and saw... Sarai's mum come in and open the windows.