Depression

Like a glass walk standing between me and what I wish to accomplish. I watch from behind the wall; I see all that I could do, ways to occupy my time. Yet I'm stuck behind that wall, peering in; everything beyond it visible but inaccessible to me. I yearn to be productive, to partake in my hobbies; yet I stand with tear-stained cheeks watching others behind the glass. I watch as they do what I dream of with ease. I cry behind the wall knowing I can't partake; knowing how I'll have to continue to endure watching other's joy while I'm miserable. It destroys me to see everything I want to do in front of me, but I'm not incapable  of doing those activities, no matter how hard I try. I can't break the wall; at least not fully. I can make a crack and peer through the glass to the other side. I can get a taste of what I wish I could do, but it never lasts; the glass repairs itself without warning. And then it's like it was never broken. I'm left to stare blankly.
I should be able to break the glass, it appears such and easy task. And yet I can never break it enough or get it to stay broken. It repairs itself and I'm once again stuck behind it. The glass seems permanent. I reach out to get others to help me break it; yet it holds steady. Hope that one day the glass will shatter is all that keeps me standing.