Chapter Thirteen

*Your P.O.V.*

It was Kyle...It was Kyle this whole time. The guy who was dating one of my friends was the same guy who'd been sneaking up to visit me on my roof for weeks. He was the same guy who saved me. He was the same guy that kissed me.

I was making my way down the hall in some attempt to get a clear head, but I couldn't. I was pissed. I could feel my blood boil more and more with each thought I had. This seemed like a cruel joke. I had fallen in love with him. A guy who was sneaking around behind his girlfriend's back. A straight piece of shit.

I finally reached the end of the hall, but I knew that Kyle was chasing after me. I had to think fast, and I ran into the gym in hopes that he didn't catch me. However, I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me back, and I already knew it was him.

"(Y/N), will you please wait...just let me explain," Kyle pleaded.

I instantly turned to face him, ripping my wrist out of his hand. I couldn't believe him. He spent all those nights with me, talking, laughing, genuinely getting to know each other, and he wouldn't tell me who he was because he acted like a jerk and had a girlfriend.

I was so angry, and when I looked at him, I saw it all. I saw the guy behind the mask. I saw him. I saw the guy that I had fallen for, and I felt that anger all dissolve into the pit into my stomach. A wave of sadness pulled over me when I looked into his emerald eyes- the same emerald eyes that sat on my roof top last night.

"I wanted to tell you," Kyle spoke, softly.

I didn't know what to say. My head was spinning. I wanted to be so angry at him, but I couldn't. I wanted to yell and scream, but all I could feel were the tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," Kyle continued, keeping his voice quiet. "...Look, I really li—"

"Don't finish that sentence," I warned him; my voice was weak but firm. "And don't talk to me ever again."

I let those be my final words before the adrenaline in my body force me to walk away. I didn't really know where I was going, but I knew that I was getting far away from him.