Chapter 3 - History Lesson

Pandemonica and I met a couple minutes ago, she didn't seem that bad when I first met her. A tired person but hard worker who his sort of polite. But I couldn't help but seem suspicious, was this really what hell had to offer, the place where souls are tortured?

"Hey, Pandemonica?" Her name really was a mouthful sometimes, I might shorten it to something like Monica or Pan. "Yes?" She responded. We didn't look at eachother as we talked, instead looking onwards to the straight path we were taking down a corridor the same size as the first one I saw.

"What did you mean that I wasn't meant to be here?" "Well, judging from where you came from, you weren't meant to be here." "Really?" "Yes. Only those who appear at the gates of hell come here through special circumstances." Now this was interesting.

"The first way was that someone from the Human world sold their soul to us to bring you here." Wait, what? Could I have angered someone so much that they would go to such lengths to do that? "The second is that Heaven deemed you unworthy to come there and sent you here." Well, I did kill someone, so that seemed plausible.

"And lastly, someone with magical abilities might have forced you in here." Someone with magical abilities? "Could you elaborate on the last one?" Pandemonica sighed before adjusting her glasses on her face. "It seems I will be giving you a history lesson." The two of us stopped in our tracks and faced eachother.

"There are 5 main races around. The first are the humans, your race, they are generally neutral towards affairs of the other races but sometimes meddle in things they shouldn't. They are both friends and enemies of everyone yet have almost no knowledge of the others.

"The Demons, us, are the second race. You'll probably learn a lot about them with your little time here before you die, so I'll skip them for now." Ouch, she has no faith in me surviving.

"Angel are the third race, and live in Heaven above the clouds. When people die, they get sent there first and they judge whether they deserve to stay in Heaven or come down here in Hell, we don't get to decide if we want to refuse someone. They also can't create offspring,  because making one would make them into a Fallen, speaking of which.

"Every race has a subspecies, such as Humans having some like Werewolves or Vampires. Demons have some like the Devil or the Imp, but Fallen Angels are so unique in their own way that they are classified as their own race, making them the fourth. They aren't known to have a subspecies though.

"And the final race, spirits. They are mainly the remnants of accidental mixed genes over the course of millions of years. They are diverse, containing things such as goblins, apparitions shape-changers,  ghosts, the lists goes on. But they are feared by many due to the fact that they contain creatures of all the other mythologies, such as Thor or Zeus. They can make purely fictional things into real ones if enough people know of it."

I nodded along in response as we continued walking down the path which had turned into a nice plain, trying to process all of that information into my small human brain. "So... you think someone sent me here?" Pandemonica adjusted her glasses. "Precisely, thanks for relying on Hell's Customer Service. How would you rate your overall satisfaction on a scale from 1 to 10?"

--------

This is everything that was on this doc before I moved on from Wattpad and onto other things in life. Might come back one day, anyways this is what I have.