Chapter 8: Mixed Feelings.

Samantha.

It was Friday night, and I told my mom that the girls invited me to sleepover, and she dropped me off. I rang the doorbell with my hair tied tightly in a bun, wearing soft cotton shorts, a t shirt that was a bit big on me, and my slides. Aaliyah opened the door, with loud music playing. "Hey, come in." I walked in to see a four mattresses set up on the floor with a bunch of comforters. Everyone said, "Hey Sam." in unison, making me smile. "Hey guys,"  

I looked for Prince, then saw a Guns and Roses pillow case, knowing that was his mattress. 

I laid my stuff down, and saw him come downstairs. He was wearing a little white wife beater tank, and  flannel pajama pants. "Hi baby!!" He ran down, with his hair bouncing up and down, and he kissed me. "Hey curly head..." I softly tugged his curls, and he smiled. 

He guided me to the mattress, and I snuggled him on it. Everyone else was eating, laughing, and having fun. Prince just kissed my forehead and rubbed my back with his fingertips. "I'm happy you could come tonight..." he whispered into my ear. "I'm happy too..." I whispered back, looking up at him. I kissed him, and he lightly rubbed my cheek. 

"Hey! Hey! If you want to do that go upstairs!!" Chres yelled in an demanding voice. I giggled against Prince's lips, and he smiled. He pecked my lips then looked at Chres. 

"Okay!" Janay said. "Who wants to play a game?!" I got up, and held Prince's hand. He got up, not letting go. "I don't know, seven minutes in heaven?"

"Yes!" Aaliyah and Janay said. The boys looked at each other and shook their heads. "What if y'all get paired up with someone that's not your boyfriend?!" Prod asked, looking at Janay, with a mixture of sadness and attitude on his face. 

"Then we won't do anything, we promise...right guys?" she whispered to Prod, rubbing his cheek, and lightly planting a kiss on his lips. "Yeah..." I looked up at Prince, and he sighed. "Okay..."  Aaliyah twirled her straight hair around her finger, and Chres nodded. "Fine..." He whispered. 

Prod looked at Janay, and she rubbed his chest. "It's okay...I wouldn't do anything unless it was with you..." she whispered. He nodded, and I smiled. "Okay, let's get started!" I said, and Janay ran in the kitchen, and came out with a bottle. 

We all sat in a circle, and Aaliyah spun the bottle. The bottle went around, and slowly stopped on Ray. Roc looked at Aaliyah and whispered in his ear. He nodded, and they kissed. Ray and her got up and went in the closet. 

There was an awkward silence, and I held Prince's hand, and went in the kitchen. "Baby, if I get paired up with Ray, do I have to go in?" I asked. "No, only if you want to babe..." he softly kissed my forehead, and I smiled. We walked back out, and sat back down. 

Ray.

I walked into the closet with Aaliyah, and we just had an awkward silence. Nothing happened. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing.  When Chres opened the door, I felt the tension leave the room. He grabbed Aaliyah's hand,  and pulled her to the living room. I sighed, and walked out. 

I sat back down, and the night went on, being the most awkward night of my life

Samantha.

After a while Prince fell asleep, and I slipped out of his arms. I went to get something to drink, and I saw Ray asleep, with his head on a plate with with chicken wings. I giggled, and his eyes slowly opened. "Hm?" he lifted his head, and I smiled. "Hey Ray...you fell asleep at the table."

"O-Oh.." he whispered, looking embarrassed. "Why are you up so late? Everyone's asleep." I went in the fridge, and got an Arizona. "I'm just thirsty." I whispered, pulling a chair out of the table. "You looked really sad all night, are you okay?" He nodded, looking like he was lying to me. 

"Ray, are you telling the truth?" he looked up at me, then slowly lowered his head, shaking it. I sighed. "What's wrong?" I scooted, closer to him, and he looked in my eyes. "I don't know..." he whispered. "Ray please tell me..." I said, and he was silent. I sighed. "Fine, but I'm just concerned for you Ray." I lifted his chin, and kissed him.

I closed my eyes and he held my cheek. His soft lips gliding against mine, and I loved every second of it. I heard a groan, and someone get up, I pulled away, and saw Prince. "Babe, what are you doing up? It's 4 in the morning, come back to bed..." he walked over to me, and held my hand, pulling me back to bed.

He laid me down, and I sighed. He laid next to me, and pulled the covers over us. "I love you, goodnight." he kissed me, and I looked down. "I love you too." I whispered. I closed my eyes, and he cuddled me close to his chest.

  ****

I woke up, and Prince wasn't next to me. I looked at everyone else's beds, and no one was in them. I got up, and everyone was eating breakfast. "Good morning!" they yelled. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. "Good morning..." I dragged my feet over to Prince, and he pulled my waist to his lap. I laid my head softly in his neck, and he kissed my forehead. "Did you sleep well babe?" he said softly in my ear. I nodded, and he rubbed my back. 

I looked at Prince's plate, seeing bacon on it. "Baby, can I have some?" he nodded, feeding me a piece. I smiled. "Thank you.." he nodded, and I looked at Ray, who was watching us, but as I looked up at him, he looked away quickly. 

I sighed, and got up. "Babe, can you take me home in a little, I wanna go home..." I said, he nodded, and kissed my cheek. "You can get your stuff ready I'll take you home." he said. I nodded, and got my stuff. 

I saw Prince, who put on a shirt and his sneakers. "You ready?" I nodded, and he held my hand. "Bye guys!" I yelled. They all were cuddled up on the couch. "Bye Sam!!" I walked out, and Prince drove me home. 

As we were driving, it was abnormally quiet. We were at a stop light, and Prince kissed my cheek. "Babe are you okay?" he whispered. "Yeah I'm fine." I pecked his lips, and he smiled. "Okay, just making sure." he held my hand, and the light changed. 

We eventually got to my house, and he walked me inside. "Bye baby, I love you." he kissed me, and I smirked. "I love you too, bye." I hugged him, and he walked out. I went upstairs, thinking about Ray and I's kiss. I laid in bed, and sighed heavily. 

Why did I have to kiss him? I know that I'm with Prince, I love him, but I'm starting to love Ray again. Why is this happening to me. Of all people me.