Chapter 3

Chaitanya's POV

I walk into the hospital as usual and look at the date.

April 28.

I smile.

"Chay." dad calls me.

"Yea dad?" I ask.

"Can you observe Chaitra's group."

"Sure." I reply.

I walk to the coat room, where Chaitra and her interns are. I look around. I don't see my princess, but I see her friends. I walk over to them.

"Hi." I say.

"Hi sir." one of the says.

"Where is Samantha?" I ask.

"Oh. She is coming."

"Why is she late?"

"Its her birthday so she went to church and temple. She will be here soon."

"Oh ok. Thanks." I say, walking away.

Samantha's POV

I walk into church first, since Christianity is my religion. I pray as usual, and walk back out. Next, I visit the temple, and pray there as well. I do this every year on my birthday. I always visit the church and the temple.

I get into my car, and start driving. After driving for about 5 minutes, I get a call from Janu. I pull over to the side of the road and answer the call.

"Hi Janu."

"Sam, come fast." Janu says.

"Why?" I ask, concerned.

"Just come to the cafe. We'll tell you."

"Ok. I'm on my way. I'll be there in 10 minutes." I reply.

"Alright then. Bye."

"Hm."

I cut the call and pull onto the road, continuing to the hospital. I get out of the car. Closing the door, I rush to the cafe. The moment I enter the cafe, I hear something burst, and paper confetti falls on me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!" I hear people scream.

Jaanu, Keerthy, Chaitanya, and Chaitanya's friends are all there.

"Oh my god!" I say, shocked.

"Happy birthday Sam." I hear behind me. I turn around to see my parents.

"Amma(mom)! Nanna(dad)!" I yell. I run over to them and hug them both.

"When did you come from Chennai?" I ask. My parents had gone to Chennai for some work last month. They were supposed to come two weeks from now.

"Your MD's son called me last week and told me about this surprise. We decided to come." he replies.

"Oh." is my only reply to that.

I cut cake, and after a while, amma and nanna leave. Jaanu and Keerthy also go to finish work. I am about to leave with them when Chaitanya calls me back.

"Sam." he says.

I stop walking and turn around. "Yes sir?" I ask.

"I need to talk to you."

I walk over to him. "Yes sir?" I say again.

"Please stop calling me sir. Call me Chay."

"Sir, you are my boss." I reply.

"Ok. Then, as your boss, I order you to call me Chay." he says.

I laugh and shake my head.

"You smile is so beautiful." Chay compliments.

I look down, a bit shy.

"Sam?"

I look up at him. "Sir?"

He gives me a you are kidding me look, but doesn't say anything. I stare into his eyes, and he stares into mine. I can see his emotions, which he always tries hiding. This moment. He is an open book to me...

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the late updates

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the late updates. I managed to update all the books that I haven't updated since forever today. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter. Please vote, comment, share, and follow me! Thank you and have a great day!

Stay safe♥