Ram's past

The morning dawned in Ram Priya's room.Ram had already left for work. Priya was getting ready for a new day at work and saw two beautiful gift boxes on the dressing table.There were exactly 2 notes tied to each of the boxes 

Box 1 read - For my new friend. 

She opened the box, there was an expensive perfume inside - "Dior- blooming bouquet" , one of her favorites actually, her bottle was getting over. She wondered if Ram had ever peeped on her dressing table and knew she needed a new bottle of perfume. Ever since she had gotten married and moved into Ram's room, they had their separate dressing areas since Ram was very possessive about his things , his words were - ab ek 40 saal k aadmi ka apna ek routine hota hai. 

Box 2 read - Matching accessory for your yellow sun dress you wore in Mahabaleshwar. 

She opened this box and there was a beautiful beaded bracelet and stone anklet combo. The jewelry was indeed pretty and beautiful. She recollected Neha and Vikram's words that Ram had a good choice in picking up jewelry.  

Priya was overjoyed, this was definitely not the first gift from Ram ( the earrings were his first) but this time they had a seemingly good relation between them. She texted him 

P - thanks for the gift Mr.Kapoor! I liked both , but iski zarurat kya thi ?

R - you are welcome Priya, ab tumne bataya nahi tumhe kya chahiye, sab k liye kuch le raha tha to apne hisaab se tumhare liye bhi le liya

P - Thank you 😊 did you peep on my dresser ?

R - umm wo galti se dekh liya tha, good choice of perfume btw

P - hahahah ok, have a good day !  

R - thanks, you too ! 😊

One thing that Singapore trip had done was, Ram would come home for dinner - while Dadi and Ma usually had dinner pretty early, Ram and Priya would have their dinner together over light talks and jokes. Slowly, Priya had started opening up to him, she would tell him all about her day's activities - be it about her classes and banters around how new students were always troublesome or be it around taking her dad for his regular check ups and appointments and how she would have a tough time understanding Doctors' sometimes.

Ram was still pretty reserved, while he enjoyed Priya's company, he wouldn't share his day to day activities like Priya did. Priya simply thought he was a man of less words and she was ok with it. Men were generally more action centric and the fact that he was spending time with her made her feel very special. After all these years, she had made great friends but after coming back to India she started feeling left out, she would feel nobody understood her and that void was now being filled by Ram. 

Days rolled into another month, It was soon their third month wedding anniversary. Natasha and Rishabh called every week while Vikram and Neha would often drop in with the kids to enjoy dinner at Kapoor mansion with everyone. Neha and Vikram had noticed the changing dynamics of their friends married life, they were happy ! they secretly prayed that Ram and Priya would forget their contract and take their relationship to next level and be an actual couple without any contractual bond. 

One evening, Ram returned home later than usual. Dadi and Krishna Ma were already asleep but Priya was waiting for him to have dinner together. However, when Ram came home we went straight to change. 

When he came out, Priya was arranging her couch and nightstand, she wanted him to talk, she was giving him space 

Priya - khaana yahin laga dun aaj room me?