Quirk apprehension test

"Eh? Why do these extras need a huge door?"

"Quiet down Katsuki."

"Tch, whatever."

2 ashy blondes were standing outside of their class, ready to enter it. The taller one among them controlled his brother to prevent any anger outbursts on the first day. The shorter one slides the door open to see an almost full class. They took their places and sat. The taller one among the duo was behind his brother. They started talking with each other until the door slid open to reveal a sleep-deprived face in a yellow sleeping bag. The class took a while to calm down and take a look at the man before them. He had baggy eyes and his black clothes were shabby. After everyone was silenced, he spoke in a monotone voice, which lacked interest and showed laziness.

"It took you all 8 seconds to calm down. You are not rational enough. Welcome to U.A's hero course. I am Shota Aizawa, your homeroom teacher for the next 3 years."

A single thought was in everyone's mind. 'This is our homeroom teacher??!!!'.

"Here, wear these gym uniforms and come to the school grounds. I don't want any questions to be asked."

Saying this, he exits the room leaving behind a shocked and confused class.

............................................................................

"A QUIRK APPREHENSION TEST???!!!"

The students yelled out in shock and confusion. They came to the ground wearing their gym uniforms.

"Yes. You are right. You will have to participate in the 8 physical exercises which you did from your middle school."

"But wait!! What about orientation??"

"The teaching in U. A is what we like to call 'freestyle'. All of us have our own method of teaching. I personally think that orientation is a drag and a waste of time. Enough of this. Katsuki Bakugou, come forward."

From the group, out came the sandy blonde.

"Take this softball and throw it. But this time use your quirk."

The teen nods and smirks which changed his neutral face into a kind of evil one which kinda scared the whole class.

He throws the ball at a perfect 45 degrees and adds an explosion to it. A few seconds later, the device in the teacher's hand gave a beep. The teacher took a look at it.

"This is why I believe orientation is not rational enough. You have to prove yourselves to me and this is the most rational way."

He says and shows the device.

731.3 metres.

"Woah!!"

"So powerful!!!"

"This looks like fun!!"

"Fun, you say?"

Those 3 words sent a chill down everyone's spine. His voice became slightly interested and the shit-eating came upon his face.

"Alright then, whoever comes last, will be considered as zero potential and will be expelled."

"You can't be serious, can you?"

"It's not fair! It is just the first day!!"

"Tell me what is not fair. Natural calamities and villain attacks. Are they fair? Life is always unfair and heroes must make the life fair for the citizens."

The class stood quietly not moving an inch.

............................................................................

"Just check the results and you will see your ranking in the class."

Saying this, the teacher presses a button and reveals the ranking of the students.

1. Momo Yaoyorozu
2. Izuku Bakugou
3. Katsuki Bakugou
4. Shoto Todoroki
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
20. Toru Hagakure

"By the way, no one is getting expelled. It was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it you're all in the test."

"WHAT???!!!"

"Of course. Who would expel students on the first day?"

"You're wrong ponytail...."

The ravenette visibly flinched, immediately recognizing the voice. She turned her head to look at the only person she dislikes in the whole class.

Izuku Bakugou.

"...... Last year, Aizawa sensei expelled a whole class of first year's because they have 'zero potential'. This means that we reached the expectations of sensei and he decided to keep us instead of expelling."

"Heh. You are smart kid."

The teen grins but scowls at the ravenette who scowled back with equal intensity. They walked away from each other confusing the whole class.

"By the way, take this slip and go to Recovery girl's office. She will heal you."

The teen takes the slip from his sensei and walks to the building.

............................................................................

Flashback:

Their first encounter:

'Well, since I have One For All, I must think of a new way to control it. The output may be over destructive but the backlash couldn't be ignored. And ever since I received One For All, my explosions' firepower increased by 4 times. Originally itself, it was twice of Katsuki's but now it is eight times stronger than Katsuki's. The recoil is hitting my wrists and forearms. Even though I started training the wrist bones and muscles, the recoil is still present. So for now, I must use only small powered explosions. Later on, I can improve my body's resistance and then, I can improve my body for One For All. One step at a time. Maybe I should-'

"Oof- CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING?"

Izuku just headed out to buy groceries. He was starting to think about his new quirk until he bumped into someone. He yelled at the person who made him fall on his ass and took a look.

He immediately regretted his actions.

In front of him, was a gorgeous girl. She was way too pretty and curvy for her age. The girl slightly rubbed her forehead and opened an eye to take a look at the person she bumped into. Izuku got up and left without another word. This action of Izuku has several reasons. Firstly, he never talked with girls. It was mostly because he never understood dating. He always hated that fact and will continue to hate it. Meanwhile, the girl was pretty annoyed by the teen's rude behaviour.

'He left without even apologizing!! What a jerk!! Who knew boys would be like this??'

She slowly got up and dusted herself. After finishing packing her books, she scowled at the direction the ashy blonde went and turned away.

............................................................................

Their second encounter:

Izuku was resting in a nearby chair after defeating 2 zero pointers. His stamina and energy were drained after receiving the kiss from Recovery girl. While massaging his once broken right hand, he was planning to apologize to the girl in front of him. He bumped into her yesterday and left without saying anything. He was thinking about apologising when the ravenette woke up. She took in her surroundings and immediately recognized the 'arrogant' boy.

"Hey! You are the arrogant boy who bumped into me and left without apologizing!!"

"Oh yeah? I was the one who saved your ass from 2 freaking giant robots!!"

Izuku immediately left while slamming the door before he went. This action greatly pissed the ravenette. Meanwhile, Izuku was having different thoughts.

'Man......who knew pretty girls could be cocky and arrogant? Katsuki is way better compared to her......'