Chapter 16: Exposed

"We're going to America!" the siblings announced.

Everyone cheered at that.

"That's what I call crack-a-lackin' to the mack-a-lackin’!" Marty said as he high-fived Alex.

"We did it, Alice and W/N! Maybe I am average intelligence after all!" Stefano cheered as he hugged them both.

"Perhaps even slightly above," Alex suggested.

"No, I don't think so," Stefano disagreed.

Then Vitaly joined Alex and Y/N with a confident laugh.

"Hair conditioner! Great idea, my friend!" Vitaly exclaimed to Y/N then replied to Stefano, who obeyed, "Feel. Go ahead. Soft like kitten, no?"

"Look at that," Stefano awed.

"Slippery but not flammable," Y/N said.

"You smell like peaches and herb!" Stefano commented before walking off.

"You were right. Thank you for believing in me," Vitaly smiled at her.

"You're welcome," Y/N returned it.

Then Gia rushed to Alex, hugging his neck, to which he returned by hugging her waist.

"Gia and Alex, the trapezing cats!" Gia cheered.

"We did pretty good," Alex agreed.

"You will flip, and I will catch. And sometimes I will flip, and you will catch. And then we will both flip, and we'll travel the whole world! Flipping and catching, and I will flip you..." Gia said as she danced around.

Then Alex looked to see the gang just celebrating about getting back to New York.  That brought a small frown to his face as he remembered they aren't staying with the circus.

"You know, the thing is...I may not always be around," he admitted.

"Where are you going?" she asked, confused.

"Well, I'm...I'm...I'm..." Alex stammered.

He was then interrupted by the sound of mopeds coming in and they all looked to see Dubois and her men.

"Bravo, bravo! What a heartwarming performance, Monsieur Circus Master. It brought tears to my eyes," Dubois said, chuckled, then admitted, "No, not really."

Alex sneakily turned on his walkie talkie to signal the penguins.

"Monsieur, we both know the lion does not belong to you," she continued.

"It's that horrid woman!" Private exclaimed.

She then showed the article she printed to the chimps.

"He is a fugitive from justice. You will turn the lion over to me so that I may put him where he belongs," Dubois told him, took a pile with a cable loop, wrapped it around Alex's neck, pulled him close, then smirked,  "On my wall."

Then the penguins came in and beat them up. They then tied them together and put Dubois in the cannon. They stuck a stick of dynamite in her mouth, struck a match, then lit the fuse, making her spit the stick of dynamite out.

"Wait!" she yelled.

But they fired out of the tent and he penguins high-fived each other.

"Up high! Down low. Too slow," Skipper said, smacked Private, then told him, "Well done, Private."

"Did I do good?" Private asked.

"Nah, not really," Skipper answered.

Alex breathed heavily as he took the cable off ad the gang approached him. At that, Gia picked up the article.

"Man, that was close!" Melman commented.

"Alex? You are from a zoo?" Gia asked as the other circus animals gathered around.

They all looked at the circus animals with shock.

"Yes. Yes. But wait, there's more," Alex said.

"More?" Gia questioned.

"Or less. There's less," he tried to correct.

"You were never circus?" Vitaly asked.

"We had to say we were circus," Gloria admitted.

"Or you'd never have let us on the train!" Melman added

"After all we have been through together, you want to go live in a zoo?" Gia asked, heartbroken.

"Gia, I..." Alex started.

"You used us," Vitaly remarked.

"No, no, no. I mean, yes, but..." Alex replied.

"Trapeze Americano, you make that up, too?" Gia demanded.

"It didn't exactly exist when I taught it to you," he confessed.

"Ooh! Jet packs and aquatic cobras! I should have known!" she exclaimed in frustration.

"Balloons to the children of the world was not real, either?" Stefano wondered.

"Yeah, that's not real. But look at what we did," Alex reminded.

"I was shot out of a cannon! I could have died!" Stefano yelled.

"But I thought it was your lifelong dream," Marty replied, confused.

"For all I know, your name is not even Alice. Or W/N," Stefano told the siblings.

"No, Stefano, but it never really was. For either of us," Alex confessed.

"I don't feel safe!" Stefano stated.

He sobbed into Gia's chest, who held him close. Vitaly then locked eyes with Y/N, who looked away with guilt.

"We never meant for this to happen. We're sorry," Y/N apologized.

"Gia, I..." Alex started again.

"We trusted you," Gia said, hurt.

"My tears are real! You are not!" Stefano cried as they all walked away.

The gang were sad that this came up and that they hurt their new friends.

"I can't believe you lied to all us circus folk," Skipper fake-cried and blew into a hankie, making Y/N glare at him.

"I'll be back, guys," Y/N replied then left.

Meanwhile, Sonya told Julien she wanted him to stay with her, but he wanted to try to become king of New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Dang it.