Chapter 2: The Small Nap

A/N: Phew! It seems to be as if I'm done with the second chapter, huh?
A little bit of forewarning, I dont really know what I'm doing with this story...
It started off as a planned one-shot, narrow and straight to the point. However...I didn't really know what to do with the ending and I was basically all like, "Hey, what if..."
So yeah!
This is just gonna lead to wherever my brain and the characters lead us to.
Hope you enjoy this chapter!
(Sorry it's shorten than the last...it'll get longer I promise...hopefully...)
______________________________________

'Bamp!'

Peacock groaned in pain and frustration as she fell off her hammock for the 3rd day in a row. Not only did she not get her beauty sleep, but she also realized it wasn't even morning yet.

"Ughhh I hate this..."

Her friends were sleeping next to her hammock, all bundled up together in a jumble. Lenny was providing support and Andy, Tommy, and Avery were laying against him, a whole pile of George bombs laying in their arms.

"Heh, at least y'all are getting sleep, aren't ya?" She sighed, face contorting into a soft smile of sorts before she stood up and adjusted her nightcap, the hat completely lopsided.

She glanced down at her attire and clicked her tongue in frustration. The color scheme was mostly a light lavender with yellow trim at the bottom of the dress. On each of her sleeves there were 3 purple rectangles bordered with white trim. Her nightcap was the same shade of lavender as her dress, a line of purple being an exception, hiding behind the little rectangle that showed closed eyes. At the very tip of said hat, there was a little pom pom shaped George bomb, missing only the rope that was usually lighted.

Her sleeves were completely wrinkled, however, metal skeletal-like hands gripping onto the edges of the sleeves.

Peacock let go immediately and stomped her foot on the ground, her feet wearing Sagan slippers, the details almost seemingly on point.

"Its not even morning!" She quipped to no-one in particular, a strong frown rising to her face. Her orange hair was a ruffled mess, bed head, if you will, and it poked out of her hat.

She decided against waking up her friends, letting them get the rest she wished she could.

"Hmm...I know I said it wasn't morning yet but...it's Saturday, ain't it?"

A huge smile appeared on her face and she immediately changed to her normal attire, poofy country style dress and her signature top hat in check, soon out of her room and down in the main quarters of Lab 8.

She looked at the many screens of the Lab and turned one of them on, setting the sound loud enough for her to hear but not as loud as to wake up the rest of the people. Plopping herself onto the couch, she switched it to Annie: Girl of The Stars. It was rerun season again, and she figured she could gorge on the good old episodes whilst waiting for the new ones.

"Aww darn it! I forgot to make some popcorn! Cant watch the good ol' clicks without that salty goodness!" She grinned, hoisting herself up and going to where the packaged foods were stored.

"Heh! Seems like I'll have some of the butter kind today..."

Opening the little blue box up, she took the bag out and realized that there was an extra. She laughed loudly and threw them in the microwave, slapping the little appliance closed and applying twice the amount of time she usually would.

'Marie...'

Peacock got stuck in the past for a brief second, but that was enough to push her on edge and off.