Chapter three. Waking up next to Jonathan.

A/N
I wasn't planning on updating this anytime soon due to the fact that I thought nobody was reading it. Until I came across a comment asking for an update! Thank you for whoever has read it. Here is your update you Have been waiting for I apologize for the wait. I will finish this story. Thank you for the slight motivation

You felt a warmth nearby. You knew You were awake. This wasn't a dream. But you kept your eyes closed knowing the bright sun will burn them if You tried to open them. You rolled over and felt the warmth become closer. You softly scoot towards it and latch onto it. Then you heard a chuckle and fluttered your eyes open to see Jonathan. Your arms around him as he nervously looked down at you confused but slightly laughing.
"Sorry!" You screech and scoot away. His cheeks turned a crimson rose color.
"It's fine!" He says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.
You feel the blood rush to your cheeks. In pure embarrassment, you sit up and turn away hiding it. You feel the bed softly move around as Jonathan gets up as well. You both rise from the bed and Jonathan throws on a jacket.
"I'll make some food. When we finish I can drive you home." He says. You nod understanding. He smiles nervously and walks out of his room.
You look around curiously. Finally, you decided to walk out and walked into the bathroom. After doing your business you walked into the Byers kitchen.
Joyce turned seeing you.
"Oh! Hello Y/n." She says and turns to Jonathan with a confused look.
"She was out for a walk and it was late so I just drove here." He says and Joyce nods.
"I see. Well, don't get into any trouble you two. I'm taking Will to school he's waiting in the car." She says and walks out as she put her jacket on. All you could do is nod and smile. You turn to Jonathan who had just finished making food for both of you. You both sit down at the table and have an awkward silence as you eat.

You stare at your plate your food halfway gone. With your free hand, you squeeze your shirt feeling uncomfortable wearing the same clothes from the day before. You couldn't wait to get home and shower.. you took another bite and realize you had finished your food. You get up and walk over to the sink. You place your dish and fork into the sink and grab the soap. You turn the faucet knob and water starts pouring out. You grab your plate and scrub the soap bar against it then your fork. You place the soap beside you and wash the dish and fork. Hebe you finish your turn to see Jonathan who was about to do the same. You place the now clean dish onto the counter and walk towards your bag grabbing it.
Jonathan grabs his keys and walks outside with you. It was pretty early in the morning. You felt a cold breeze hit your skin causing you to shiver as the air danced through your locks of hair.

You and Jonathan walk to the car. When you get into the passenger side you feel a bit warmer as the car starts up.

The drive was silent but peaceful. It felt like you were in there for ages... I didn't complain. Jonathan was a nice person to be around and you enjoyed his company. Though you sadly get so little of it.
Before this, you and Jonathan used to be close friends. Pretty much always around each other. And when will went missing you comforted him. Until.

Your best friend Nancy started to hang around him and you two drifted apart. After that, you just hung out with your small group of friends. But you can't deny you missed his company. But you knew that this was a good thing for him. He always has had problems opening up and talking with others. It's nice to see him smile and do that. Even when it's not with you.
You push all your thoughts away and look over to see Jonathan's eyes completely focused on the road.
Until.

His eyes drifted to yours. You studied his face He looked in confusion.
"How is Nancy?" You ask and he shrugs.
"I have no clue. we haven't talked in a while. She's been busy I guess." You watch as his eyes slowly drift down but then he turns back to the road.
"I see." You sigh then smile softly.
"Let's hang out today!" You say cheerfully.
"I mean. Sure. But aren't you afraid?" He asks. You take a moment.
"Why would I be afraid?" You ask confused
"Well for the one you got attacked." He says.
Your eyes widened and you remember. He's right. Toy got attacked by that thing. And he somehow was there. You never even thanked him.
You turn.
"About that." You start.
"Hm?" He hums and turns a bit.
"Thank you." You say.
"It's no problem. I wouldn't have just left you there." He says and smiles and turns.
You felt heat rush to your cheeks. You smile and turn away so he wouldn't see. You stare out the window as Jonathan pulls into the driveway. You get out and thank him for the ride. He nods and looks up to avoid eye contact.
"So. You still wanna hang out?" You ask.
"For sure." He says his cheeks turning a light pink.
You giggle.
"Time?" He asks.
"Hm..6?" You ask.
"Place?"
"The park?
"Sure," you say and start to walk towards your house. You turn and wave. He waves back and gets into his car. As you walk through the door.

You close the door behind you and soon your mother showers you with a big tight hug and many kisses all over your face.

"Mommmmmm" you groan and giggle.
"Where have gig been!?" She asks. She holds your arms feeling your cold skin "honey your freezing!" She worries and pulls you into the house more.
"I was out late and stopped by the Byers house to sleepover." You say and she nods.
"Thank god." She says.
"I'm glad your safe." She says and you nod smiling.
"Mom I'm tired and I should head to sleep. It was a long night last night and I could kill for a power nap. Plus I'm really cold." You add.
"Of course honey!! Come! Come!" She says leading you into the hallway. A soft smile forms onto your lips. Your mother was always so sweet and calm. You loved this about her. She opens your door revealing your room. You walk inside and thank her. She nods and leaves the room. You shut your door and place your bag down beside it. You walk to your dresser and grab some comfortable clothes and walk out of your room into the bathroom. You undress and get into the shower.

You close your eyes as the water runs across your skin.

After finishing you get out and grab your towel. You quickly dry yourself off and get into your clothes. You finish up and walk back into your room finally able to rest. You plop yourself onto your bed and close your eyes falling asleep.