Meeting the Felddog

"Excuse me," said a highly familiar voice in front of me. "Is this seat taken?"

I looked up to see the owner of the voice standing there; he had deep brown eyes and shoulder-length black hair, and looked to be either seventeen or eighteen years old. His outfit consisted of a red button-down shirt covered by a black faux leather coat. Black pants went on and on over his legs, and on his feet were red socks covered by black penny loafers. He definitely looked superbly handsome. A smile crossed my face.

A smile crossed my face. "No, not at all. Please, help yourself, sir."

"Oh, no need to call me ‛sir.' My name's Corey — Corey Scott Feldman," he replied as he sat down on the bar stool next to me, looking at me over the top of the black sunglasses he was wearing before holding out his hand. When I took it, he brought it to his lips before placing a kiss on my knuckles, and then let it go.

I lowered my eyes a little, and then met his dark chocolate gaze again. "My name's Alana — Alana Addison."

"Ah, ‛Alana' — quite a lovely name, I must say. It means ‛Little Rock,' I believe. And it suits you superbly well, indeed," replied the Felddog (which I'd heard him being called sometimes). I felt a blush creeping up my face a little; deep down, I knew he was right.

"So, Alana," Corey spoke up. "Were you waiting for someone, I take it? I could see you were sitting here all by yourself." Seeing my puzzled look, he explained, "I have a gift for reading others pretty well."

I thought it over, and realized he was right. With that, I decided to be honest with him. "Well, I was. But it seems he made up his mind not to show up; it was probably a prank on his part just to see how long I'd be waiting here for him while he went off and had some fun somewhere else. And I fell for it, too."

Corey looked thoughtful. "Hmm. Well, he is the biggest idiot I've ever heard of, and that's putting it mildly. You are definitely worth someone's time, and I mean it."

I lowered my eyes as I felt another blush coming up (which I knew had to be some kind of record for me). "Thank you, Corey."

He smiled. "You're welcome," he replied.