Chapter One: Failed

Adora had... failed.

She hadn't managed to save Catra and now she risked her being lost, forever.

No no no no no no no. Adora wanted to blink, so it would all go away, but no. The universe was cruel. Catra was gone. For real this time. 

Do you really believe that?

Shut up!

You know that you're gonna do everything in your power to get her back.

No! She's gone, dead inside that... that soulless conqueror!

Then why are you still thinking about it.

Because... because I was ready to give my life to see her love me again. It was scary, knowing that I probably wouldn't.

Ha! So I was right!

... Yes.

Adora slumped, tired of just hearing her own hopes and guilt battling in her head.

The door opened, revealing Glimmer, who looked about half as terrible as Adora felt.

 "Um, Adora? I'm cooking with Wrong Hordak, but all of the labels on this food is in First Ones runes, can you read these?" She held out a packet of; "Dehydrated protein slaw." Adora read, looking up.

 "Thanks, and, Adora, are you okay? Because we totally understand if you want to stay here and think, that was some scary stuff, but, we're worried about you. And Bow's really struggling with Darla. We just need your help, and I'm sure you need our help too, like I said, what happened to you was, scary to say the least." She looked at Adora's visible scratches, the remains of her fight with Catra on Prime's mothership.

Adora looked down, then half-smiled. "Thanks Glimmer, do you mind if I come to dinner? I haven't really eaten anything in a few days." she said, gesturing to trays of food that lay untouched on the ground.

Glimmer smiled. "That would be great."

 ---Random Time-Skip To Dinner---

Adora walked up to where everyone was eating and laughing, sitting down and picking up a dumpling-looking thing. 

Maybe she could survive after all.

-----------------------------------------------

AN: Sorry if this sucked, it's the middle of the night and I'm really tired. So I really liked the whole chipped Catra thing, so I decided to make a fanfic about what would've happened if Catra had stayed chipped. Also, for context, Adora can't turn into She-Ra because the necessary events for that to happen were never set into motion because Catra stayed chipped.