Chapter 34: Christmas Eve

It was now christmas eve. The gang was at my house since we decided on spending Christmas at my house this year. My parents were gone on trips to Italy. But Leo was here. I turned on the chimney and the television. Immediately skipping through the channels and finding a good Christmas movie. I heard some yelling outside. So I headed out.

"What do you mean none of my business? It is my business look at my nose!" Steve complained as he wipped his bloody nose. I sighed and walked next to him.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"This kid got caught walking out here alone and of course forgot his damn blade." Steve said. I looked towards Ponyboy.

"Hm, come inside let me clean you both up." I said as I walked hand in hand with Steve. The boys walked around and sat down in the living room. I headed to the bathroom and cleaned Ponyboys wound.

"Any girls you like?" I asked. Trying to cut the awkward silence.

"No." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He didn't say anything.

I sighed. "You can talk to me you know. You and I, we're very alike." I said.

He stared at me after I finished.

"You won't talk to darry?" He asked.

"I won't." I promised.

"Sherri Valance. You know her?"

I nodded.

"I think she's real pretty and sweet." He said.

I sighed. "Sherri, she's a very sweet girl. But she holds onto the whole 'socs date socs and greasers date greasers' she knows it's messed up and that it has to change. But she also has a lot of respect for her parents. Society really messes you." I said.

He sighed and looked down. "She won't leave bob right?" He asked.

I shook my head. He nodded.

"That's to expect." He said.

I gave him a slight hug and he walked out. Steve walked in.

"Damn kid had to forget his blade." He said all mad.

"Steve." I said as I looked at him. His look softened and he sat on the counter.

I looked at his nose and began cleaning it up.

"What you did out there, he really appreciates it." I said.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"Kid hates my guts." He said.

"He does not. You two have a sibling bond. I know you love Ponyboy like the younger brother you never had, don't deny it." I said looking at him.

He didn't say anything. I finished and put everything away. I looked at him and he smiled. Pulling me into a kiss. "I love you" he said. I smiled.

"I love you too"

We walked out and sat on the couch. Meredith walked into the house with Leo and some bags from the dingo.

"Alright dinner is ready." I said. We all headed into the kitchen and sat down to eat.

———————————————

"Well, everyone, happy Christmas" I smiled sweetly as the clock stroke midnight.

"Merry Christmas." Everyone cheered. We all proceded to hug eachother.

Steve came up to me.

"Merry Christmas darling." I said.

"Merry Christmas doll, I love you deeply." He answered, followed by a passionate kiss. When he pulled away, Sodapop came up to me.

"Thank you, for supporting Meredith and I. You've grown to be like a big sister to me. I love you. And I hope you and Steve stay together for a long time." He said.

I smiled. And pecked his cheek.

"Who wouldn't support you and Meredith huh? What you guys have is special. I'm glad she found someone like you. And I wish you a long time of happiness." I said sweetly. We all sat down in the living room and talked.

———————————————-

Most of the boys now were asleep in the living room. Steve was in my room and Sodapop was in Meredith's. Meredith and I continued talking in the kitchen with a glass of wine. Steve came downstairs and stood behind me.

"Are you coming to bed?" He asked. I slightly nodded.

"I'll be there in a while, I'm gonna stay out here with Meredith." I said. He kissed me and walked upstairs.

"I'll be waiting for you!" He yelled. I chuckled softly.

After ten minutes, Meredith and I headed to the car.

"I think it'll take us awhile, so let's hurry and wrap these gifts" I said as we sat inside. We began wrapping gifts.

Once we were done, we headed back inside and Quietly placed them around the tree. Trying to not wake up anyone. And with that we both said good night and walked to our rooms.

I changed into my nightgown. Steve was sleeping with his arms out. I smiled and slowly layed in his hands. He slightly woke up and when he realized it was me, he moved over, facing me and pulled me into his arms. I turned to face him and he pushed my hair off my neck, proceeding to nuzzle his head in the crook of my neck. "What took you so long?" He asked in a husky voice.

"Meredith and I were just talking that's all." I said softly. Kissing his forehead.

He kissed my neck and we fell asleep.