Poseidon asks for a favour

*I know I wrote that Percy was a junior. I did that because I thought it would make more sense for what I was going to do for the sequel but it would work better if he is 17 years old and a Senior in high school. So yeah.*

"I'm here because I need to ask you a favour" that was not what I thought was going to happen I thought he was gonna be like 'surprise I decided to spontaneously come give you a cool new car for no good reason' well maybe not completely like that but you get the picture.

"wha-"

"I'll explain at your apartment" well this was certainly weird. So together we began walking to the subway station to get home. I found the walk very awkward as neither of us really said anything.

"why did you look so pale when you were in class?" my father asked me

"we were dissecting fish"

"YOU WERE WHAT!" my father roared

"it's not like I had a choice I wish I didn't have to but it's done in virtually every school at some point" I told him trying to justify myself even though I didn't really need to.

"oh ok" he replied and we went back to the not talking thing. Some people were staring at us after he yelled but that doesn't really matter that much.

"I came first in all my races this season" I told my father.

"really? That's so good, I'm really proud of you."

Eventually we made it back to my apartment and gave my mom quite a fright.

"hey mom I'm home"

"Percy? What are you doing home so ear-"my mum saw Poseidon and hesitated "Poseidon" mom said,

"good afternoon sally. I have some information that I would like to tell you both as well as asking your permission to allow Percy to do me a favour."

"what sort of favour?" my mom asked him.

"maybe we should sit down first" my father suggested. We all piled into the living room and each sat in a different corner of the room around the coffee table.

"I think I will start with the favour I would like to ask of Percy." My mom and I just nodded. I could tell she was worried just from the look on her face.

"we just need to make sure we keep things quiet, Estelle's asleep." My mum told us.

"A few days ago, something very important to me was lost, or taken I am not sure exactly. I do however know its estimated whereabouts. I was wondering if you would retrieve it for me Percy." Poseidon told us.

"I mean maybe. But if you know its whereabouts couldn't you just go get it?" I asked. "unfortunately for me it is in a domain that I am not currently welcome in as a result of some past, ahh, issues." He mumbled. I felt this was a bit odd. I mean I thought my father could go anywhere in the world, I mean he's a god surely that would give him a pass.

"you may be confused as to why I cannot venture too this place but no Olympian god can travel to or through this domain. In fact, there is only one god who can go there. But that is a story for another time. As for the item that has been lost... my trident." The room was completely silent for a few seconds, the only thing you could hear were the cars driving up and down the street.

"how was your trident stolen, and who would steal it?" I questioned

"I do not know but the fact that it is in a place where I can find it but not go tells me that it was either a demigod or one particular god who took it." I turned to my mom and we had a silent conversation with our eyes. But in the end, we both agreed.

"I'll do it." I told my father,

"Percy, I ask that for your safety you take someone else with you or even two people. And I also wish that one of them be Nico Di'Angelo." I showed my agreement with a quick nod of my head, and I already knew who the other person I wanted to take was.

"it's a good thing Percy has nearly finished school for the year." My mom pointed out. And she wasn't wrong. It was the last week of march I only had until around the end of May before I was done for the year. Then I would be in college. Wow that thought was weird to me. I still felt like my younger self the kid who bested the minotaur with no experience. "now for my second thing. Percy..."

enjoy the cliffhanger :)