Girl Meet World

I walked off the plane and into the airport to look for my mom, dad, and two brothers. Oh, where are my manners? My name is Caroline Howard and I am 13 years old. I live in New York, but for the past year, I have been in London for my dancing. It was an amazing experience, but I missed everyone back home, especially my two best friends, Riley and Maya. Now one of the best parts about me coming home is that they don't know.

"Caroline!" someone behind me exclaimed. I turned around to see my little brother, Max, running towards me.

"Max!" I exclaimed as I ran to him. I picked him up and gave him a big if while kissing him on the head. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," Max replied.

"Well did you miss your older brother who is much better than you?" my older brother, Chase, asked.

"No, I didn't miss my older brother who is so much better than me," I said and his face dropped. "I missed you."

"Whatever," Chase said, pulling me into a hug. After Chase let me go, I had my moment with my parents which consisted of my mom threatening me. She said that if I ever leave her again, she will lock me in my room.

"Of course mom, I couldn't dream of leaving you," I told her. We walked over to the baggage claim to get my bags. Once we had them, we hurried to the car so we could get home because mom said something about me needing to sleep before tomorrow. When we got to our apartment, I ran to my room since I haven't been in there for a year. It looked just how I left it, which was perfect.

"Caroline, get ready for bed, you have your first day of school tomorrow," my mom called from down the hall.

"Okay!" I yelled back. I walked over to my suitcases and grabbed the new pajamas that one of my friends gave me before I left. After I got my pajamas on, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and put my hair in a bun. I walked back to my room and got in my bed after I turned off my light.

********

The next morning started with Max jumping on me, "Caroline, mommy said that you have to get up."

"Okay," I said, "now get off of me." Max got up and left my room. I made my way over to my closet to pick out something to wear. Once I was dressed, I grabbed my bag and left my room. I walked into the kitchen and stole some bacon off of Chase's plate.

"Hey, that's my bacon," he whined.

"No, it's my bacon because it's in my mouth," I told him, eating a piece.

"Come on, Caroline, I'm going to drop you off before I go to work," my dad said.

"Okay, daddy." I followed my dad out of our apartment, but not before I stuck my tongue out at Chase.

The ride to John Quincy Adams Middle School wasn't a long ride, but it gave me enough time to figure out my entrance. Dad took me to the office so I was able to go to class. Once we did that, I said goodbye to my dad and walked towards my classroom. I decided to wait outside the room till I saw the perfect time for my entrance.

"Okay, let me get back to jamming some learning into your heads," Cory said. "The Civil War."

"The Civil Bore," Maya said and I giggled.

"Thank you, future Mini Mart employee of the month," Cory said.

"Would I be making more money than you?" Maya asked.

It was slient for a moment before he spoke again, "The Civil War, anybody?"

"A war we fought against ourselves," Riley answered. I was shocked that Riley knew that, due to the fact that I have never seen Maya or Riley study history.