11

"Wow, look at this place!" Your eyes widen as Harry pulls over by his mother's house gate.

He smiles at your amazement, "Alright, this is it. You asked for it."

"You have nothing to worry about."

"You're finally here!" A voice comes from inside the garden. Anne appears with a huge smile, "Hi!"

You and Harry get out of the car, and Anne immediately hugs her son, "Harry, my precious boy."

"Hey mom." Harry laughs, kissing her cheek.

"And you must be y/n." She pulls you into a hug as well, "Nice to finally meet you."

"You too." You grin.

"Come on, let me show you around."

"This is stunning! I feel like I'm in some kind of temple." You compliment as Anne guides you through the house, constructed mainly with wood and bricks. There were plants and pillows, everywhere, as well as a fireplace, an outside pool and even a treehouse.

"That's exactly what I think." Anne grins, "I picked up some things from various places, and I planted all the plants."

"That's impressive."

"Thank you, darling. Now let's see where you both are gonna sleep."

You nod, following her. You notice Harry's been quiet, so you glance at him, frowning, silently asking if it was everything okay. He understands and gives you a little smile, assuring you he was fine.

Liam, Cheryl and Bear arrived a few hours later. It was a relaxing afternoon overall, you all played charades after dinner, Harry arguing with Liam because he was helping Cher guessing and she was on the other team, causing laughter.

"Harry." You call, getting ready for bed, "I forgot to tell you, your mom said she was gonna teach me how to bake a pie. She says we can just go out in the garden and pick the berries ourselves, isn't that amazing?"

"She didn't use to be like this." Harry sighs, putting down the book he was reading.

"Like what?"

"When dad was around, she wore polo shirts and cooked meat."

"Well, maybe this is what she needed to find some happiness again, you know? It must be terrible losing your soulmate." You say gently, joining Harry on the bed.

He looks at you as you curl up in his arm and close your eyes.

"Yeah, it must." Harry whispers and turns off the lights.

The next day all the family gathered around the pool, except for Harry. He wasn't in the mood, so he got in the treehouse with his book.

"Harry, come down! You're missing out!" You call him while you're swimming.

Harry peeks outside, "No thanks, I'm good."

"Come on, it's so much fun!"

"I promised Jeff I'd finish this book, sorry."

"Nerd!" Liam shouts laughing, before jumping into the water, and Harry rolls his eyes at him.

"Harry, honey, are you okay?" Anne appears climbing up the wood leader that leads to the treehouse.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay... Just so you know, I'm really glad you brought her. It means a lot to me." She smiles, "Dinner's in half hour." She informs and Harry nods.

During dinner, Anne shared a therapeutic herbal tea she created, but, mixed with the bottles of wine around the table, made everyone a little dizzy.

"You should try it, Harry, it's really mellow." You offer him, laughing.

He frowns at yours and his family's high alike figure, deciding to decline it, "No, I don't think I'll take it."

"He doesn't need it, his brain is already big enough." Liam says, "It's so big, he can- With just his thoughts, he can just- poof!" He bursts into laughter.

"Liam." Harry widens his eyes at him.

"I mean, only one thought and he can just-" Liam mimics an explosion, continuing to laugh.

"Liam, I think you've had enough." Harry stutters.

"Oh honey, what are you talking about?" Cheryl asks him, laughing as well.

"I'm talking about I love you." Liam kisses her, clearly drunk.

"Okay, I think someone is ready for bed." Cher grins pulling him away.

"Yeah, I'm definitely ready." Liam stands up, putting an arm around his wife's shoulders, stumbling while she helps him, which makes everyone laugh again, but Harry sighs in relief, running his hands over his face.