Chapter 1

It was now October, and it was the year 2017. Halloween was soon coming up, and the Island of Sodor would always have a big celebration. Some loved this occasion, while some others weren't a huge fan.

Around 9:00 pm at Tidmouth Sheds. The engines were all telling each other what their favorite thing about Halloween is.

" I love when people dress up in scary costumes and scare other people. It's satisfying " Henry said earning a few stares from the others.

" Well, I like the haunted houses. They are scary and fun to go through. " Thomas said, and then Percy gave a reminder,

" Yeah, like the time you were scared of a "ghost" engine, but it was actually me. " Percy giggled, he would always remember that moment. Thomas groaned. He hated that.

" Oh come on Percy, you would be just as scared, you always get scared by so little things. " Gordon said, and all 6 other engines glared at him.

" You leave him alone, Gordon. Everyone gets scared of something. Hell, I was frightened by an engine one time. " James yelled, and he remembered the time he was scared of Gator and crashed in the water.

" BTW Gordon. I don't get scared that easily anymore. I am brave, I'll show you. " Percy yelled back at Gordon.

" Well, then why don't I tell a little story, a scary one. " Gordon said in a scary tone. " Go ahead, won't scare me. " Percy dared.

Gordon began his story. " It was said a long time ago, that a mysterious creature lived in the woods on this very island. They say every night it comes out and lurks around for anything to attack. One time, a small engine went into those woods and was all alone. No driver, or anything. He ended up getting lost and couldn't escape. Then the scary creature had sneaked up on the little engine, he grabbed him off the rails, and ate him up. All people could make out were his blood curdling screams and sounds of his body crunching. The monster soon would go back to his hiding spot, but every night he'll be out in those woods, waiting for another engine to gobble up. "

He ended the story. All 6 engines acted really scared, but in their minds they knew that it all wasn't real.

" You scared? Any of you? " Gordon said wanting an answer.

" Not even a little bit. " Henry said, but the tone of his voice sounded like he was scared.

" I know that story is a joke. " Edward said seriously.

" We know that these creatures are not real. " Emily said, earning a wink from Thomas.

" Yeah, if that was real, no one would ever come here again. " James said. Percy was the only one who hasn't commented. He was thinking about the story, and how scary it was to him.

" Percy. You gonna say anything? " Gordon said, believing he was scared.

" Alright Gordon. I'll show you. I'm gonna go into those woods myself and see for sure if there's anything. Right Now. " Percy before heading out immediately.

" Wait Percy. You don't need to do this. Come on. " James yelled, and was now worried for his oak.

Patrick was waiting outside when he saw Percy come by.

" Whoa boy. Where do you think you're going? It's 9:30. You should be in bed. " Patrick disciplined his engine. " And you shouldn't be. " Percy said to his awake driver. " I'm just waiting for someone " Patrick excused. He was actually trying to scare Mr. Caleb.

" Come with me please. " Percy begged. " Alright fine. " Patrick groaned. " Where are we or should I say you going? "

" To prove someone wrong. " Percy said feisty. Patrick just stared at him. The two were off for an interesting surprise.