Hollow Hearts

(Atsushi x F!Reader)

The day was ending. People were returning from their jobs, some students are hanging out with their friends after school, children are running around while their parents watch from a distance and talk amongst themselves. This brought a smile to the girls face as she was taking a small walk around her city. She found the city beautiful, especially at night. She loved looking down from a high place where you could see the whole city. A dark sky, filled with starts and a full moon with a city plastered in all sorts of colored lights.

It was 7pm, sunset. She remembered that there would be a full moon today as her fether told her, so she decided to go to her favorite spot to observe the city of Yokohama today. She whipped out her phone out of her handbag to check if she got any messages. She saw a message from her friend and co-worker, Naomi Tanizaki.

---
Today
Naomi-chan 💜

Hey (Y/N)-chan!
Today me and my brother are going out to dinner tonight with Haruno-san. Wanna come with? I'll pay for your food this time! I know you really like Udon and Tempura!"

19:05
---

She sighed. She can feel Naomi's excited nature even behind the screen. She would like to go and have long talks with them... but she decided to have some alone time for today.

---
Today

Naomi-chan 💜

Hey (Y/N)-chan!
Today me and my brother are going out to dinner tonight with Haruno-san. Wanna come with? I'll pay for your food this time! I know you really like Udon and Tempura!
19:05

Sorry Naomi,
I'm not really feeling it, you know? I wanna have some time for myself today.
I'll go with you guys another time, we hang out almost everyday so I guess this isn't a problem, right?
19:08

---

She put her phone back in her bag not expecting to get an immediate answer. She already pictured in her mind how Naomi would sulk to Haruno and her brother about her not going. I mean after all, they're all good friends. Because of her they got jobs in the ADA too. (Y/N) and Tanizaki got to know each other back in their collage days, Tanizaki was her underclassman and often referred to her as "Senpai". Later on, she would get to know his younger sister and become really close friends with her. As for Haruno, she knew her ever since she started working for the ADA. Continuing to walk next to a river, she felt her bag vibrate a bit. She took her phone out and saw another message from Naomi.

---
Today

Naomi-chan 💜

Ahhhhhhh okay then, I'll see you at work tomorrow then.
It'll feel empty without you though! Have fun! Miss you~ (insert heart)
19:12
---

The (e/c) girl smiled at the screen. She sighed again and threw her phone back in her bag.

As she walked next to the river, she thought of Dazai and his suicidal methods. She would often see him drowning himself and doing stupid things to try and "painlessly" end his life. She thought indifferently though, she thought life was worth living. Maybe when she's his age she'll think the same? Kunikida and Dazai are on the search to find the white tiger that's on the lose right? Why would there be a wild white tiger on the lose though? It only appeared at night, if she remembers correctly. If it's a special ability, the duo will take care of it.

Thinking about her friends and co-workers she came to a stop. She looked at the river below her, admiring how beautiful it actually looks. She still has time until she gets to her spot, so she sat down and relaxed a bit. She inhaled the fresh air and closed her eyes. Everything was peaceful today, she thought. It was a little to perfect for her liking though.