Chapter 8

Juvia smiles as she approaches the familiar figure in front of her, thinking about how she can spend the rest of the night with him. With the preparation for the war, Juvia finds herself in the situation where she's so close to her darling yet so far away. Even though they are in the same guild, the bluenette always feels like the time she has with him isn't enough, it's never enough...

Her life is getting shorter as each day past by, she begins to wonder if Gray would return her feelings, the thought of rejection scares her as the water mage notices how close they have been, living together, training together, going on missions together, etc. He has always been there for her ever since the Avatar incident, looking after her, comforting her, giving her soothing kisses and hugs whenever she needs yet she can't bring herself to ask the question. With Gray's unclear response, Juvia's hope of knowing the answer is starting to fade.

"Gray-sama..."

"Juvia?" he smiles and waving the small treat he has in hand "You want some?"

Oh...her darling's half-eaten food...is this what they call indirect kiss? Oh dear...so romantic...

Glancing at her reaction and smiles, guessing what wild imagination she has in her little head this time. With all the time he spent alone while waiting for Juvia, Gray has come to a realization. From the very beginning when he first met Juvia, the ice mage has never once thought that this bluenette will become significant in his life. She has always been there for him, loving him, taking care of him, sharing all the burdens he has on his shoulders, and many more.

Gray has once thought that he may end up with someone who's been in the guild for a long time like Erza or Cana, maybe Lucy because she's also very cute, but never Juvia. The bluenette was too much for him to handle back then yet now, the thought of losing her is unbearable. The ice mage understands her feelings, he doesn't need Erza or Mira or anyone else to drill that information in his head because he knows. From the way she acts to her determination to impress him to how she declares other women, mainly Lucy, as her love rival, he knows it all. Gray thought it was just a small little crush that she had but eventually realize her feelings are so much more than that.

She loves him with all her heart and soul. Protecting him from danger, defending him when all the guild turns against him, comforting him after those haunted nightmares. Juvia has always been by his side ever since she joined Fairy tail. Gray knows that he's being unfair, giving the bluenette false hope yet still unable to let her go. He knows that she's been patiently waiting, despite her love declarations and unusual gifts, she is a unique girl after all. To this day, he still doesn't understand why she loves him so dearly like that. He has nothing to offer her but a dark past and a broken soul yet she accepts everything, smiling lovingly at such small things he gives her.

Gray smiles, a genuine smile. He needs her to do something for him...

"I appreciate you, Juvia."

The bluenette is in pure shock, looking at him with widened eyes.

"You'll always be by my side, right?"

"Ah...J-Juvia...she...uhm...she..." Juvia is so cute when she got all flustered.

"After this war is over, I'll give you my answer." he smiles "If you want to know it, keep yourself safe and stay alive..."

The bluenette looks at him, a small blush form on her face as she nods slowly. Her darling is giving her hope? He knows the prophecy yet he still wants her to change it? The answer is her reward, he uses it to make sure she's going to stay alive through this war. Gray-sama, asking Juvia to do such an impossible thing, just how cruel can he be?